1

August 2020 - One month later.

Yasir groaned, stirring in his sleep as his alarm went off. He reached over, hitting the power button on his phone to silence the alarm.

"The fuck the sun shining at 7am for?" He rasped, covering his eyes as he sat up.

He rubbed his pelvis, standing up out of his bed and jogging upstairs. Walking to his younger brother's room, he knocked on the door, before opening it.

"Say Za, get up lil nigga." He mushed Yulan's head, making him groan in his sleep.

"First day of school boy, get yo ass up. Go wake twin up. It's money on yo dresser for lunch." Yasir told him, putting two fifty dollar bills on his dresser.

"Ight Santana, get out bruh." He mumbled, and Yasir chuckled, walking out.

Yulan rubbed his eye, sitting up in his bed to let his eyes adjust to the sunlight shining through his window.

He looked around at his messy room, before smacking his lips and standing up. Half the times he couldn't even remember how his room would get dirty.

He'd clean it, and then he'd need an outfit for an outing, then boom-his room somehow was wrecked. Happened every time.

He walked out of his room, towards the bathroom, before rolling his eyes and walking further towards his twin sister, Yulani's room.

"Lani get up. You got 5 minutes to use the bathroom or ima use it first. Hurry up." He tapped her forehead a few times, and she frowned, swatting his hands away.

"Okay, gone on. Damn." She turned the other way, and he sat her money on the dresser before walking out.

She heavily sighed, opening her eyes and sitting up. She knew she'd better get in that bathroom ASAP because if Yulan went first, she'd be two hours late for school.

She rose up out of her bed, stretching as she stood up. Her white polished toes hit her soft plush carpet, and she let out a yawn. She looked on her dresser, before smiling seeing the $50 he'd left her.

She knew it was from Yasir, so she reminded herself to thank him whenever she saw him.

She grabbed her outfit that she'd laid out the night before, grabbing her shower bag and walking out of her room and towards the bathroom she shared with Yulan.

"Yasir?!" She called after sitting her things down.

"Kairi quit all that damn yelling in my fucking house." Her mom, Skye, yelled from the couch.

"Sorry." She said, before closing the bathroom door. She undressed herself, starting some shower water.

As she waited for it to get hot, she grabbed her toothbrush from its holder in her bag to brush her teeth.

Yulani lived with her older brother Yasir, her twin brother Yulan, and her mom.

They stayed in a three bedroom two bathroom house in the-not so great-part of Detroit. Yasir had remodeled the basement into a mini apartment for himself, with a bathroom and mini fridge with a microwave to top it off.

Yulani and Yulan shared the main restroom, with their own rooms, while their mom had her own bathroom as well as her own room.

She usually slept on the couch though. Either too drunk or high to walk to her own room.

Yasir had the funds to get his own place, but wanting to keep a close eye on his family, he remained in the house.

Shortly after bathing, Yulani groaned in frustration, hearing hard knocks on the bathroom door.