O n e

Chapter 1

I stare at my phone for a few seconds debating whether to answer the phone or just ignore it. My mind is telling me to ignore it but my heart doesn't say the same. I finally gather up the courage to answer the phone call knowing the circumstances that I'm in.

"Yes Malik ?" I spoke too fast.

"Hey Tommo, so where are you guys right now?" Zayn questions. Well guess we know he isn't updated on our whereabouts.

" Well if you really would like to know I'm in the hospital " I tell Zayn. Clearly it's a lie but I just wanted to have some fun to lighten the conversation.

" What ? Why ? Did you get hurt ? Did you twist your ankle while playing footie with Liam?" Zayn asks in a panicked tone and I was trying so hard not to laugh, his reaction is really priceless.

" Well I'm currently in the hospital because of my heart " I replied , biting my lip to keep myself from letting out a laugh.

" Your heart ? Last time I checked there's nothing wrong with it. " Zayn yet again asks. Sounding like Liam for a second when he goes into all daddy direction on us.

" There is, you broke my heart when you left the band " And as I said that I laughed at his face not holding anything back.

"Oh my God Tomlinson. I thought it was something serious" Zayn says with a hint of both relief and disappointment in his voice. And with his reaction I yet again laugh at him. C'mon its hilarious. Am I right ? or Am I right ?

" Zayn, I got a knock knock joke. Wanna hear it ? " I ask as I'm finally able to regain my composure and head straight inside the room closing the windows because it's getting quite chilly.

" Yea okay, Go ahead Lou. "

"Knock knock " I begin the joke.

" Who's there ? "

" Zayn Malik " I say.

" Zayn Malik who " Zayn asks , playing along with my joke.

" Yes , indeed. " I laugh at his face , not holding my laughter back because boy it is funny. Do you get it ? Zayn Malik who ? Because since Zayn left, there are some people who won't know who Zayn is anymore. Well yea something like that.

" Wow , real funny Tommo, for a second I thought it was Harry on the phone. " Zayn tells in a sarcastic tone in which I can easily tell.

" Aww , come on Zaynie be a good sport. And for your information dear Zayn my jokes are way better than Harolds." I try and lighten up the mood.

" Oh Lou, I gotta go Perrie's calling for me." That bitch , she knows Zayn is in a phone call yet she calls for him.

" Oh, Okay bye." Cue my disappointment. He's whipped af and Its bothering me. Like Perrie , he left the band for you , he gave his fucking career for you will you stop already ?

After Zayn and I's conversation , I literally did nothing productive other than laying in bed , watching Fast and the Furious 1. Yes I know the 1st movie. Okay I don't want to watch the 7th yet I plan to do it in a marathon since I'm quite bored and all of us are all dealing with Zayn's departure in our own way. And also scrolling through my twitter feed and laughing at these random hashtags the fans have trended.

-

It has been a couple of days since Zayn and I's phone call and I'm still a bit bothered by Perrie but thinking about her would just ruin my mood. Right now, I'm currently sat with the boys in the tour bus since we just finished our show and it was so wicked ! Especially when we sang Don't Forget You Belong and the fans all brought a picture of Zayn and raised it up made me a little bit teary eyed because even with Zayn leaving they still support us especially since right now all we need is their support and there was even one poster with the hashtag OT5.