❦Happy New Year!❦

[Woooo! More highschool au lmao, for timeline purposes this will take place sophomore year. So before the previous highschool oneshots you've seen.]

[TW! Mention of alcohol and drugs, sexual implication, non-consensual picture taking? If that's a trigger?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Can there be strings attached, please?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"TEN!"

Everyone shouted, and Foolish couldn't help but look over to the woman holding his hand tightly in her grasp. He was holding her drink in his other hand, offering to do so to avoid her spilling the cup as she jumped and shouted.

They were surrounded by friends and drunk teenagers they didn't recognize, though his eyes were trained on her expression.

She had dark brown hair, though she always talked about dying it red. Probably to spite her brother. Or maybe because that color suits her so well, fits her spitfire personality in his opinion. "Torva?" His voice was barely audible over the frantic chatter, though she looked to him anyway.

"NINE!"

She looked away from him for a moment screaming the countdown for that second. "Yeah?" She shouted back easily.

Part of his heart hurt knowing she was holding his hand and not someone else's for two reasons.

One, Technoblade was currently in Britain visiting his extended family for New Years, and Bad wouldn't let her go even though Phil and Kristin argued they had a private jet and yes it is safe.

Two, Eret couldn't make it due to a family emergency. Something about his grandparents.

It hurt knowing he was a back up.

Though at least he was here.

He wouldn't call it a crush. He could admire she was appealing to the eyes, and he could appreciate her ability to hold an intellectual conversation. Not to mention her views with most topics aligned with his factually and morally quite well.

She was simply an easy person to look at and talk to. "I wanted to say-" he was cut off by the second.

"EIGHT!"

"Hey! Get on with it! We have eight seconds." She was smiling, nudging him lightly as she tucked hair behind her ear. It was in an awkward stage of growing out from a short hair cut right now. Where she could barley tuck it behind her ears without it slipping out at the slightest movement.

It fell out from behind her ear almost immediately, and he put her cup down on a nearby table to reach forward. They were practically tucked away in the kitchen corner, wanting to get away from the center of the crowd. He reached down and slipped her hair back behind her ear. "Well, I don't know how to say this."

"SEVEN!"

"Dude, spit it out! The new year is almost here." She seemed more bubbly than usual as she spoke, though he knew it wasn't alcohol. She hasn't drank the entire time, hell her cup was just full of water. Though he wouldn't let her drink it anymore after putting it down on a table unattended.

Maybe she was so cheery because of the atmosphere.

"Look, I know we've been friends for awhile-"

"SIX!"

The party around them was nothing short of excessive. Dream never held out, and Foolish would swear each year more people uninvited show up to these things.