❦The Words Engraved❦

[Steamer au but not. This is like a separate world, in this one there are words on everyone's wrist that appear at sixteen. In this world also, Technoblade and Torva never got together and Technoblade never ended up proposing. These words are the first thing your soulmate will say to you face to face, you have to physically be there, so online wouldn't work.]

[oh also forgot to say, because I felt like it I decided to make this TorvaxWilbur with undertones of TorvaxTechno what are you gonna do? Stop me?]

[also also, this fic is almost entirely based off of the song above.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was a fighter, and I was so brave. But I lowered my sword when you held me and swore you'd stay.

I can't do this alone anymore 'cause I'm no good on my own anymore. What did I do to deserve this? What did you do to me? Baby come back you know I don't want to be free."

-I Was An Island
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a strange concept that it seemed all of humanity had just, accepted. That those words etched into our skin just seemed to decide our futures.

Most people in the public eye hid theirs, who knew what fans would do with the information.

Me?

I had barely glanced at my words since they appeared.

"Who knew I'd be meeting such a fucking idiot."

Yeah, not exactly the kindest words I must admit. I stopped paying any mind to them, found them more funny than anything.

Most girls when they turn sixteen wait in anticipation, hoping for some dreamy words to appear on their wrists like every goddamn fairytale to graze their ears. I got quite the opposite.

Either way it had been six years since then, and I'm doing just fine.

California had been treating me well, as I couldn't help but move close to Tech as much as I joked about never wanting to leave Boston. It seems I was homesick for a human being even after he visited me only once. Everyone in the SBI poked fun at us for it, but I don't think either of us minded.

I think Tech and I were almost sad when we weren't the others soulmate even if we didn't admit it, we had such a strong bond platonically that it would have almost been the safe option. We know we love each other, so it couldn't have been that difficult to accept being soulmates.

Our words didn't match up when we ran into a hug, whispering to the other in my cold parking lot.

We are still convinced that if platonic soulmates existed, we could at least fill that position for the other. Maybe it's better this way.

So I gave up.

I think I was already on the verge of going so over the years, but after all this time and finally being content with just platonic relationships drove me over the edge. I wouldn't call it giving up though, more so acceptance.

Acceptance that I was content with what I have now.

Randomly appearing on Tech's doorstep or having him appear on mine, snacks in hand to watch a movie with our dogs.

Late night calls with Ranboo, the anxious teen running to me at every fault or question I'd gladly  explain to him a hundred times over.