❦Screen❦ (Distance pt 2)

[TW! Consensual sex (heavily implied, not in detail.), intrusive thoughts, mention of rape.]

[A part two of the streamer au fic due to popular demand]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Was that a mistake?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's different than seeing someone through a blurry screen, and it's different than hearing a static-like voice through speakers.

It's different in a way I couldn't get enough of.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't imagined a meetup with Tech before, sure I've let my imagination go a few times for some happiness. Part of me was terrified that when he said he was only a few hours away over the phone that- well it wouldn't meet up to either of our expectations.

We were both wrong.

He shakily stepped out of his car, pressing a button on his keys to open the trunk. He had been intending to grab his suitcase or two, before he saw me standing in the doorway. I had sped-cleaned my house and gotten dressed in those few hours, so I wasn't nervous of my appearance previously.

I definitely was when he practically stared me down.

We were frozen, his body turned to grab his luggage, yet staring at me. I abruptly took a step forward, and it turned into a flurry of them on both our ends. It only took a few seconds before I was standing in my driveway in the dark, he had arrived later in the afternoon. It was winter so we were both cold, neither of us could physically care. Either way we were holding each other in a bone-crushing hug, so the chill couldn't get to us if it tried.

After days, weeks, maybe even months worth of time spent in calls over the past few years, we were here. In a driveway in the dead of winter, shivering but loving it all the same. My face was buried in his shoulder, pressed against his thin jacket. He smelled like cedarwood, and the hoodies he had sent me in no way did the comfort I felt from his hug or the smell justice. He had pressed his face to my hair, inhaling deeply and sighing. We hadn't exchanged a single word and I didn't feel the need to break the silence.

I think I started silently crying at some point, he didn't notice until it turned into quiet sobs. "Oh come on, nerd. Don't go soft on me now." The cracking in his voice and the way it welled up betrayed him. "Why is Boston so fuckin' cold?"

"You Californian bitch."

"What are you? A snowman?"

I laughed miserably, pulling away and wiping at the tears staining my face. "You came here in the winter, jackass, it's your own fault."

He reached his hands up and cupped my face, his hands were so cold. I didn't care, the skin on skin contact was more than I could have asked for. I reached up and placed my hands on his own, sliding them down and curling my fingers around his wrists. He was smiling like an idiot, and stepped forward so he was crowded in my space. "I don't even know what to do right now." He spoke softly, breath visible and intermingling with mine before floating away.

We were so close, and everything seemed almost perfect. I closed my eyes and appreciated the moment, my best friend is here, this is more than I could have ever wanted. "You can grab your stuff, and we can hug inside. I think if we spend another moment out here your California-born self will freeze."

He chuckled with a nod, and I felt so empty when he fully pulled away from the touch and went to the back of his car. I followed, seeing two suitcases. "How long are you staying?"

He hummed with a shrug. "I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue. This was sort of a- let's say last minute decision?"

"A last minute decision to drive forty five hours to Boston?"