❦Distance❦

[From Wilbur Soot's Ant Farm video!]
[Streamer AU]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Forty five hours is nothing if it means I get to see you at the end of it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was practically lost for air from laughter as Tech almost immediately began complaining after we joined the game. Wilbur was filming yet another video, stream going while a lucky few viewers got to join some kind of ant farm experiment. "Okay, we mine down and we get iron. Wil has to have added iron- I mean how else are we goin' to go killin'?" Technoblade had already begun strategizing, my character following his automatically.

"You're treating this like we treat bedwars." I retorted, smiling at the call we've had going for hours now. It was honestly happenstance Wil offered to let us join in on the stream. "You're too competitive you know."

He scoffed, voice echoing through my headphones in a way I had grown accustomed to. "Yeah sure, says the person who almost blocked me because I threw a game in Minecraft Monday."

We both began laughing, and I automatically saw the death chat begin filling with Wilbur flying around. He was watching various players handle the situation he's put us in. "I think he forgot to seal off the top." I observed, looking past the barrier blocks and seeing other players drop off the enclosure Wilbur had set up fairly poorly.

"Sounds like Wil."

I hummed in response, breaking a wall to find a small grouping of players. Red leather helmets being seemingly the only items they had. "Y'know what, maybe you were on the right track. Let's treat this shit like bedwars." It didn't take long for us to both kill off the small colony of players, inventories now containing multiple of the red leather helmets. "That was really fucking fun, not gonna lie. Being an ant? Not so bad."

"My monetization! Noooo!" Technoblade dragged out the words, a fake tone of annoyance poorly hiding the sound of a smile in his voice.

"You aren't even filming, dude! Fuck off!" I shouted, throwing my friend some cobblestone for more tools. He accepted the items and huffed.

Technoblade chuckled before typing something in chat. "Okay maybe not, but YouTube can just tell when you cuss me out I swear. No matter how many videos I make, only the ones with you in them get messed with for vulgarity! And I always cut it out!" He complained, and I saw a long message in chat complaining to Wilbur about the fact we had no wood to craft with. That's what he has been typing apparently.

I rolled my eyes at the screen, knowing he couldn't see me but preforming the action anyway. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He commented causally.

"Bro, what the fuck."

"I know you too well."

Playful banter erupted as we made our way back to the surface, Wilbur having said on his stream he placed wood on the top of the ant farm. "We need to stop these long calls, you know me too well now. If we ever stop being friends I'll just have to kill you, you know too much."

A faux gasp erupted from the man. "You wouldn't dare! My viewers will mourn my absence!"

"Like you have a good enough upload schedule where they'd notice." I teased him, not able to stop a small laugh that escaped my throat from yet another gasp he faked in joking offense.

"How dare you!"

"Says the Californian."

"That's rich comin' from someone livin' in Boston."

Throughout our conversation we had been killing other 'ants'. Though I began to notice a decrease in my hunger bar. "I need food."

"Already on it, nerd. Wilbur is dumb on occasion."