(1)

"It was nice working with you Ms. Rose" Y/n smiled at Ms. Rose 

'It was not' Y/n thought inside 

"What a pain" frowned Ms.Rose . "I have to find a new assistant now."

"If it wasn't for my studies , I would have continued helping you as an assistant." Y/n smiled

"Whatever , you can go now"  Ms. Rose rolled her eyes and kept doing her work

"Her name must have come after Rose's thorns, prickly indeed. Glad its over. She made me hate the library eventhough I love books. She made my fondest job into a tiring one. Sighh, Summer break is over and now its time to go back to Japan" Y/n thought.

Y/n came back home as she found her mother helping her pack her bags to leave for Japan the day after tomorrow and packed joined her to pack things up.

"and you are going to live there for a while and take care of her with Nami okay?" Y/n's mother said as she folded Y/n's clothes to fit in the suitcase. "She would be really happy if you dropped by and stayed with her" her mother smiled

Y/n was going to visit Mrs. Nishimura who was was a very good friend of Y/n's mom. Before leaving for U.S.,  Y/n's family used to be neighbors with Mrs. Nishimura. Y/n's mother was great friends with Mrs. Nishimura while Y/n was great friends with Mrs. Nishimura's daughter Nami, who was a few years older than her. She was friends with Nami's brother Niki, who was now a really famous idol with a big fanbase. After Niki left to become an idol, Y/n wasn't really in touch with him and gradually grew distant with him. Y/n's parents decided that she was going to complete her studies from Japan and then later live with her parents in U.S. after her studies. Soon after they left for U.S. Y/n was made to shift in an other apartment and then it was now after years that she was going to meet them. 

 Her mother told Y/n that Aunt Nishimura's health had been off for a few days and now that she was going back to Japan, she should drop by their place and stay with them until Mrs. Nishimura was fine,

................................................................................................................................................................

After a tiring flight, and  travelling a long journey, she stood in front of their house, exhausted, as she blankly read the name ' Nishimura's House' on a plaque, placed outside the house. She hesitantly ringed the doorbell and took a deep breath. There was a noise behind the door and then it flung open. 

"Y/n!!!!" Nami squeaked excitingly

Y/n hugged Nami.

"What the heck you are all tall now!! It's been a long time since we've met. But it didn't take much time for me to recognize you. My sharp brain hahaha.  Now that you're here to stay with us I am not letting you go anywhere." Nami said being all excited

"I missed you so much" Y/n said   

"Me tooo, come on in, omg you look as if you're going to drop down any time" Nami said as she looked concerned for Y/n

She took her upstairs where there were two rooms opposite to each other .

"This room isn't clean yet but you can take that one" she pointed the opposite room.

" Ok thanks" Y/n smiled

" You can rest for now, my room is downstairs, if you need anything you can always ask me" Nami said 

"Umm can you show me auntie's room" Y/n said

"Are you sure because you badly need some rest" Yami walked slowly not sure if she should let Y/n meet Mrs. Nishimura at the moment 

Y/n followed Nami to a room where, there lied Mrs. Nishimura on the bed. She opened her eyes as she sensed someone entering her room and weakly smiled at Y/n. 

" Y/n? You've grown up. It's so nice to see you here" Mrs. Nishimura said

Y/n greeted her.

Y/n walked up to Mrs. Nishimura and held her hand. Eventhough she was seeing her after a long while, it seemed so fresh to see her again, though not in the best condition. They talked for a while and then it was time for Mrs. Nishimura to take her medicines. 

Y/n then looked outside the window. It was a beautiful evening with the orange sky. She got up as she got reminded of the book she asked the library assistant to reserve for her, 2 months ago in a nearby library before leaving for U.S. for her vacations. She rushed out in a hurry. 

Y/n passed by the house she used to live in before with her family infront of Mrs. Nishimura's house but now another family lived in it.

She reached the library and rushed to the assistant she talked to before. 

"Oh hii.... Uhh.. I'm so sorry I'm late but uhh.. I asked for a reservation for a book... 2 months ago... and is there any chance I can get that book now" she pressed her lips in anticipation of a positive response. 

The assistant blinked her eyes at her "Uh the Raymond Garner one?" 

"YESS!! YESS!! Thank god you remember that!! The Raymond Garner onee!!" Y/n said happily

"I'm sorry but we did inform you that you cannot put a book for reservation for more than a month if you want to read it... and too bad that someone took away the book today before you" 

 Y/n admired the author's works since she was a child, and would read it all the time. She was more than desperate to get the rare edition of the work she had waited for so long and now that too was gone. 

Y/n looked down and started making her way towards the exit. It was all calm , the silence , the cool air swaying through the silence , the sweet scent of a coffee shop nearby,  everything was still until a tall boy went past through her making the book in his hand fall down. The boy wore a hoodie, making it difficult to see his face. 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" the boy almost shouted

Y/n looked down where the boy was looking to see what made the boy act like that.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Y/n almost shouted as well

***********************************************************************************************:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I HAVE EDITED THE CHAPTERS FROM THE BEGINNING. PLEASE DON'T GET CONFUSED IF YOU SEE CHANGES <3