Frozen

(2 months later)

Leo

Where is Harland? God damn it he was supposed to bring my tie. Why is getting married so stressful.

But god I can't wait to see Jessie. I can't imagine how gorgeous she will look.

This is going to be the best day of my entire life. God she has made me fucking crazy.

Everyone is arriving and it's only 20 minutes before I finally can call Jessie my wife.

It's crazy how we went from enemies,to friends,to dating, to fiancés and now to spouses.

I can't wait to wake up every day and see my wife laying next to me. I can't wait to call Jessie Jessie West.

Leo and Jessie West.

It has a ring to it.

Fucking hell if Harland doesn't show up soon I swear I'll go get it myself.

I wait there impatiently my foot tapping against the floor.

The smell of flowers is the only thing keeping me calm since it reminds me of Jessie.

People are taking their seats in awaiting of this wedding, but I swear to god this wedding isn't going to happen if I don't have my tie.

Not really, I just really want my tie.

Fuck it. I leave the grass and head into the estate. I rush all the way up the stairs. I walk down the long hallway to find me and Jessie's room.

We agreed we would move out after the wedding to our own place and still be in the vipers just living on our own.

Don approved, but when he did. He seemed mad.  Like really mad and I don't know why.

Don was going to walk Jessie down the isle. Of course Jessie had chosen Tessa as her maid of honour.

And of course Harland would be my best man.

Although he really should rethink the next time he keeps me waiting on my god damn wedding day.

I swing open the bedroom door and rush into my closet.

"Aha!" I gasp when I find my tie sitting on the shelf.

I walk out of the closet looking down at the tie.

That's when I heard the sound of a gun click.

I look up immediately. I'm become faced with Don standing there, his gun pointed right at me.

My hand goes to my waist to grab my gun but it isn't there.

It's downstairs.

"Don.." I stare him down. His face remains emotionless.

"Your not taking my power Leo." Don's rough voice finally speaks.

"I don't know what you talk-" he cuts me off.

"You will not marry Jessie! Your not being the leader of the vipers! I am and I will be until I fucking die!" Don barks out at me with out a second thought.

I feel my heart begin to race as I realize he was going to kill me. I finally realize that he doesn't want to lose power over the vipers and that if I marry his niece I gain the power and kick him out of it.

"Don put the gun down.." I start to sweat as his finger goes to the trigger.

"I'm going to kill you, and make it look like suicide." A evil smile plastered on his face.

"Please Don." I have never begged for anyone, anyone in the world.

I feel a drop of sweat leave my forehead and hit the ground. My mind races with thoughts of death and how I would never see Jessie again.

"Any last words you piece of shit." Don spits at me.

I tremble at the thought of never seeing Jessie again. But I realize there is no getting out of this.

"You were like a dad to me." I close my eyes tightly but they shoot open when I hear the bedroom door swing open.

I see Jessie standing there with tears, she is in her wedding dress.

Her eyes suddenly widen. The last thing I see before my eyes close is her running towards me. And the last thing I hear...

Two Gunshots.

I await the spiraling pain of a bullet being blown into my chest but the feeling never arrives. The only thing I can hear now is my heavy and shaky breathing.

I slowly open my eyes and see Don laying on the floor with blood oozing from his head. The life gone out of his body.

I look to my left to see Harland, in shock staring right in front of me.

I look to see what it is and I see Jessie, standing there. Her back to me and she's frozen.

"Jes-" she suddenly collapses into my arms. I catch her fast and lay her on the ground.

My heart sprits and my body trembles when I see the  crimson blood dying her white dress.

"Jessie.." I begin to sob. I hear faint yelling and ringing inside my ears.

Her eyes meet mine and I try applying pressure to the wound in her chest.

"Le-" she coughs and blood flows from the corner of her pale mouth.

"No no no..Jessie no. Your going to be ok." My sight becomes blurry through the tears that begin flowing out of my eyes.

"Please don't cry." Jessie places her hand onto my cheek and a tear falls from her eye.

"Jessie I won't let you die." I whisper through my uncontrollable sobs.

"It's ok..it's ok." Jessie's breathing slows and my heart skips a beat with every second.

"Get help! Please get help!" I look up at Harland who's on the phone frantically before looking back down at Jessie.

"I'm tired Leo." Jessie whispers softly and my sobs grow larger.

"Please don't leave me Jessie." I beg down at her as more blood left her body. "I don't want to lose you." Jessie utters quietly.

"You won't..you will be ok." I tried assuring her and myself as more tears fell from the both of us.

"I don't want to die Leo." Her white dress has become red along with my suit.

"You won't!" I sob. "I have to go...I love you." She whimpers. "Write your part." Her breathing slows down more.

"I won't ever stop loving you!" I sob more and more with every second that passes.

"For always." Jessie takes her final breath as I watch the life fade from her blue eyes.

Her body becomes limp in my arms and my eyes widen. I sit there as if a knife has been plundged through my heart.

"No!" I scream as I pull her lifeless body into my arms. I hold her in the security of my arms without letting go.

I feel two arms grab me by the shoulders as paramedics grab Jessie's body. I watch as the attempt CPR. The arms drag me away and I watch as one of the doctors look at the other and shakes their head.

"She's dead!" I was taken out of the room, I break out of their grasp and fall to the floor.

I sob into my knees as the pain in my heart grows and grows with more realization of what has happened.

My cupcake is dead.