3. Master Macarov's Plan

Hii! I'm back after a long hiatus! Who's ready for this update :D

The following morning
(Still Lucy POV)

I wake up and stretch. After a yawn or two, I stand up and go to the kitchen to make everyone some breakfast.

I grab eggs, bacon, some vegetables, and some potatoes for hash browns. I cut up all the vegetables and beat the eggs. I put two pans on the stove and poured the cut veggies into one pan and the bacon into another.

I shred the potatoes into a bowl, so it's ready for making some hashbrowns.

After a little while, everything is cooked. I set up the table and went back to the living room to wake the others up.

"Levy, Mira, Erza, Natsu, wake up! I made breakfast! Let's all eat before we meet with Gramps," I speak loudly, so they all wake up.

The girls and Natsu follow me to the kitchen, and we eat breakfast. Once we're done, Erza and Mira offer to wash the dishes.

After, we leave my apartment and walk to the guild.

While we're walking, Erza nudges my shoulder a bit. "So Lucy, how long have you had the hots for Gray?" She wiggles her brow and smirks.

"ME? HAVE THE HOTS FOR GRAY?? NAHHH!" I completely deny it.

"Oh, common Luce. Your dragon wouldn't be calling that ice princess your 'mate' if you had no feelings for him," Natsu states.

I sigh in defeat. "Fineeeee. You're both right. Yes, I have feelings for him, and I've had them since the day we met."

"Dang Luce! That means you've liked him since the day you came to Fairytail!" Natsu exclaims in surprise.

I chuckle at his reaction. "Yes, I have. His crazy first impression left me in stars. I just acted like I didn't like it so he wouldn't know how I felt."

"Yes, but now your dragon inside you is pulling you to him. You won't be able to hide your feelings anymore," Erza states as we arrive at the guild.

"Yeah. But since we're at the guild now, let's go see Gramps!" I exclaim and push open the doors.

"Hi, everyone!" I shout to everyone.

"Hi, Lucy!" they all reply.

We walk past everyone and up the stairs to head to Master Makarov's office. I knock on his office door once we're in front of it.

"Come in, children," Gramps calls to us through the door.

I quickly rush in after catching a whiff of Gray's scent. I back myself into a corner near Gramps as I try to calm my dragon down. 'MATE IS NEAR! I WANT MATE!' 'UGH NOT NOW YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN THERE'S A BIGGER THING TO DISCUSS RIGHT NOW!'

After the door shuts, Mira stares at me with a devilish smile. "Let me guess, Gray is downstairs, and you were able to smell him, am I right?"

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Yes, you're right, Mira. Gray is downstairs, and I have to calm my dragon because all it can smell is him, and I can feel his ice-cold chill around me."

The others widen their eyes in surprise. "It's coming faster than I thought," Gramps replies with worry on his face. He jesters for all of us to sit down. "Now that everyone is here, let's discuss the situation, okay?"

We all sit in front of his desk and wait for him to speak again. Gramps pulls out an old book with a picture of a Dragon on the cover. Gramps shows us the text and opens the book to the first section. He points at the title of the chapter. It reads 'Introduction to Dragon Mating Season.'

"I won't read the book to you guys, but as of right now, Lucy is experiencing the signs that are mentioned in this book. The signs of 'Mating Season' that Lucy is experiencing are mentioned in the second section," Gramps explains. He flips to the second section. "This section talks about having that urge to be near your mate as your dragon slowly tries to take over your body. Lucy, you have to be careful around Gray for the next week, so these signs don't worsen; otherwise, we'll have to get you away from Gray until you're calm," Gramps explains further.

"I don't think we should do that, Gramps," Mira interrupts. "It'll cause the opposite effect if Lucy does this. Lucy needs to be away from Gray for a few days while we explain Dragon mating season to him and the other girls. After that, we can set a hideout for them and let them decide if they want to go to their Dragon Slayer mate or hide while they sort out their feelings."

"We'll try our best," I state while nudging Natsu. "Natsu is a dragon Slayer too, so maybe we can help each other out since Natsu doesn't have many signs compared to me," I explain.

"Yeah, Luce is right. While I do hear my dragon's inner voice I definitely can't smell Lisanna strongly just yet. I'll definitely do what I can to help her out as I know she would do the same if I was experiencing the same thing as her." Natsu gives me a smile and a thumbs up. "We can do this, Luce." I nod in agreement.

We all get up and exit Master's office. We head downstairs and go into the kitchen area with Mira. "So, what are you going to do now, Lucy?" Mira asks.

"I'm going to take a mission that takes a week. I hope the distance will help keep my signs at bay, but only time will tell if it works. Natsu, will you come with me? You can bring Happy too," I said.

"You bet I'll come with ya, Luce. I'M ALL FIRED UP NOW!" Natsu exclaims in excitement while blowing fire in the air. I chuckle in amusement. "Well, let's go look for a mission, shall we?" Natsu follows me to the board, and we look for a mission together that would take a week to complete.

"Luce, look at this mission. Shall we take this one on?" Natsu asks. I look at it. The mission reads, 'Help! There are bandits all over Crocus. We're looking for two mages that can stop and capture these bandits. The reward is a Gold Celestial Key and 100,000J.' "Alright, let's do it, Natsu!" I state.

He brings the mission to Mira for approval while I search for Happy. I spot Happy across the guildhall. I dash over to him, but I run into a taller guy before I reach him.

I lift my head to see who it is and...

CLIFFHANGER HEHEHE!!!
You'll have to wait for the next chapter cuz I'm mischievous like that.

Anyways I hope you liked this chapter! Stay tuned for the next one!

Tea is out, peace!