Beastmen Races (Content)

(Know that the material here belongs to its rightful owners).

The Beastmen (also known as Demi-Humans) are the third primary race in Tortus along with Humans and Demons. It's actually more of a a term for various non-human races that have human traits, they may be obvious while some are more hidden than others like pointed ears but they the main characteristic of the Beastmen is that they are incapable of using their mana, having a aversion to magic. However, what don't have in magic, they make up for it in a diversity of strengths and unique skillsets in different kinds of Beastmen.

Canon:

Bearmen
Catmen
Merfolk/Dagons
Dogmen
Dwarfs/Molemen
Elves/Fay-folk
Foxmen/Kitsunes
Harpies/Birdmen
Monkeymen
Rabbitmen (Hare-men)
Tigermen
Wolfmen

(OC Races):

Squirrel-men: Beastmen that have great speed and agility among the trees, they have the traits of marmots, chipmunks, groundhogs, and squirrels (like flying squirrels or tree squirrels) like their signature fluffy tails and sharp memories. Their mentality is erratic, twitchy, and skittish which accounts to their heightened senses, but they are fervent gatherers and more used for hit and run tactics and guerrilla warfare. Not only do they have sharp claws to climb with, they can glide with their patagium.

Bat-Folk: One of the only two Beastmen alongside Harpies with the ability to fly, they have the traits of bats like flying foxes and vampire bats so they have a keen sense of smell and sharp eyesight. They also have night-vision and can echolocate in the dark. They can also hide their presence and climb among the trees.

Mice-men: Also known as Rat-Men or Rodent-Folk, They are the most populous and most cunning among the Beastmen as they can be found anywhere, They're swift and agile than most, have night vision, and can squeeze through small gaps if they can. While their aren't physical adept, they make great scouts and can hide their presence efficiently. They have the traits of mice and rats, particularly Black Rats, Brown Rats, and House Mice. (Not to be confused with the Ratman monsters in the dungeons and the Labyrinths).

Quill-backs: Also known as Porcupine-men, These Beastmen have the traits of porcupines, they have quills in their hair and on their tails. They are more of a Jack of all Trades than anything else with enhanced senses of hearing and smelling and armed with their own quills as weapons, sometimes they outfit their arrows with their quills.

Hedgehog-Folk: These Beastmen have the traits of hedgehogs, they have quills on their back and on their hair and they can resist serpent venom. They are similar to the Quill-backs, though they can curl themselves into balls and their quills aren't barbed like the Quill-backs.

Beaver-Folk: Beastmen with the traits of beavers, they're one of the more physically stronger races though not particularly strong against the likes of wolfmen or tigermen. They are more like architects and builders to the rest of their kin.

Minotaurs: Beastmen that take on the traits of bovines like yak and bison. They're one of the physically stronger kinds of Beastmen like Tigermen and Wolfmen. Adorned with horns and cloven hoofs, They protect the Sea of Trees and nomadically wander the barrier of thick fog with the ability to "Not get Lost".

Centaurs: also known as Horse-folk, They are one of the fastest and Stronger Beastmen among them. With the bottom half of a horse and 'equipped' with hoofs, they have a honorable warrior culture with their spear wielding shield-maidens and their warriors held in high regard. They stay within the fog of the Sea of Trees as one of their protectors alongside Minotaurs.

Satyrs: also known as Goat-men, These Beastmen have the traits of goats (like domestic goats) and sheep, they are also adorned with cloven hoofs and a pair of horns like the Minotaurs. They're capable of using bows and arrows expertly, they are dexterous with their hooves which let them climb trees, and they're strong enough to fight as foot soldiers.

Lizardmen: These Beastmen have the traits of reptiles, particularly chameleons, monitor lizards (like the Komodo Dragon), basilisks, etc. They can have scales all over their bodies, sharp claws, venomous fangs, adhesive skin, and can climb with adhesive toe-pads. Physical Strength varies with each individual.

Sobeks: also known as the Crocodile-folk, They're one of the strongest Beastmen among them with scales build to them like armor and incredible strength. Like the Bearmen, They have a large build but they are built around durability instead of stamina. With sharp teeth to break bones and a muscular tail used for navigating their home of swamps and bogs and as a weapon, they're one of the more conservative races and are more aggressive towards humans and demons.

Nagas: also known as Serpent-Folk, these Beastmen have the traits of snakes like cobras, pythons, rattlesnakes, anacondas, etc. These Beastmen are known for their secrecy and their mastery of hit and run tactics. With the lower half of a serpent, they also have venomous fangs that are more dangerous than the Lizardmen, sometimes they don't have venom but are instead bigger like a constrictor. Out of all the Beastmen, they hate the humans the most but they don't always show that out in the open.

Kappas: also known as Turtle-men are Beastmen that have the traits of turtles like tortoises, alligator snapping turtles, sea turtles, etc. With their characteristic shell carapace on backs, They're the second longest living race of Beastmen, second to Elves. Like the Sobeks, they take well to the waters that they live in, generally being faster swimming. They are one of the more pacific Beastmen among them but that doesn't mean they won't defend what they hold dear, Despite their idyllic lifestyle, Their turtle carapace acts like a suit of armor and they have enhanced endurance and durability, essentially being tanks.

Anurans: also known as Frog-men or Toad-folk, These Beastmen have the traits of frogs and toads. They have webbed feet and they can hide their presence. They also have poisonous mucus that they use to defend themselves and can leap and swim fast with great agility.

Newt-Men: These Beastmen have the traits of newts, having a tail, the ability to regenerate (though not as special as Yue), and having toxic skin secretions. They're one of the weakest Beastmen along with the Rabbitmen, but they reside near bodies of water nearby reptilian Beastmen like Kappas. Their continued survival accounts to their cooperation with the Kappas, their toxic secretions protecting them, and their ability to regenerate muscle and skin but not from magic.

———————————————————————————

(Andrew, Weiss, and Yang meeting Blake for the First Time after she and Ruby fled from the crime scene/duel they had)

The Beastman Country of Verbergen Theme: