Chapter Sixteen

I turn away from Chase and outstretch my arms

I turn away from Chase and outstretch my arms. "No! Don't you dare!" I warn him.

He grins and comes forward, lifting me up bridal style and tossing me into the pool. Water licks at my skin and I burst the surface, gulping in air.

I move my hair out of my face and glare at him. Evan and Lilian are laughing and Chase holds a grin.

"I hate you," I seethe, outstretching my arm for his help. "Now help me out."

He shakes his head. "I am not falling for that," he tells me.

I give him a pinched smile and then splash as much water as I can towards him. He shrieks and runs to hide behind Evan. I splash both of them.

Evan punches Chase and Lilian sprints and jumps in next to me.

It's almost time for me to leave and Chase decided to force us all into bathing suits and swim in the pool. He also told me he has a problem and needed to take his mind off of it.

It's the realest thing he has ever said to me. So of course I agreed.

I splash Lilian who breaks through the surface. She sticks the middle finger out at me and I laugh.

"Cannonball!" Evan shouts, jumping into the water. Large ripples and waves are cast as Chase jumps in after him.

I laugh but quickly get sucked underwater as someone grabs my ankle. I open my eyes and swat at Chase.

"You suck," I breathe out as I break surface again.

He grins like an idiot. "I'm glad I have someone to play with now. Before it was so boring," he says and points a thumb towards Evan who throws Lilian back into the pool again.

I don't care what she says but he likes her.

I smile at Chase.

"You're my friend, A," he tells me, bumping my shoulder with his own.

Before I can reply he grabs me and dunks me underwater again. I smack his legs and twist his nipples. He lets go of me and steps back with a shocked expression.

"You just touched one of my no no places," he tells me.

"You are not seven, dude," Evan says from across the pool. I stick my tongue out at Chase.

"Yeah, you're not seven."

He rolls his eyes and splashes me. I block the water from getting into my eyes and let out a small laugh. Chase then grabs my hand and pulls me out of the pool.