Chapter Four

He really did get back early

Not even twenty minutes after that blonde guy left my room, Leo came barreling in, angry and loosening his tie.

I look up from my place under the windows edge and smirk.

"Did I disrupt work?" I ask with a raised brow.

He runs a rough hand through his hair, glaring at me. "Actually you did, darling. I was in the middle of a meeting when I got a call telling me my recent prize is suicidal."

"I'm not suicidal," I grumble, gesturing around me. "Would I still be here if I was? No. I'd be in the bush down there, stabbed with twigs and an eye missing."

"What is wrong with you?" He asks, looking to my bed where I tore out the drawings.

"What do you think, Leo? What does it look like? Use that brain of yours that helps your business because that's obviously why I am here. And why I'm trying to leave."

"Well, you're not going to leave," he corrected, his tone low. "You're mine for a few weeks and I plan on making that time worthwhile."

I roll my eyes. "Of course you do. So why don't you get it over with? Just fuck me and be done with it."

Anger rolls off of him in waves as he steps closer, grabbing my arm and lifting me off of the glass. His grip is rough but not painful.

"I assure you, Aveline, that when I fuck you, it will be because you willingly want me to. Not because I force you. Do not ever assume I would do something like that again."

My breathing quickens as well as my heart beat as he makes me sit on the bed. He turns around, running another hand through his hair.

My throat tightens slightly.

"I hate you," I say breathlessly. "You're just like all of them. As soon as your anger gets the best of you, you're going to beat me into submission."

He chuckles and rubs his jaw. "The only way you will ever submit is when it's from the pleasure overriding all other senses."

"Don't do that," I hiss at him.

"Do what?"

"Make this so sexual. It's not sexual, I am your prisoner and yours to use for four weeks, why wouldn't you use me?"

"Because, darling, I have other plans," he says with a smirk.

I cross my arms and ask, "what?"

"You want out of your fathers hold, and I want full coverage of his business percentages. We can help each other," he tells me.

"How? I know nothing. My father doesn't share anything with me," I admit.

He shakes his head.

"You're crazy enough. I place a gun or knife into your hand, teach you how to use your fists and weapons. Give you the proper tools to help. I'm sure you understand manipulation. Use it to your advantage when you go back, by then I'll have another deal ready to present. When you come back to me with information, we can plan for our next steps," he explains.

He leans against the desks edge, loosening his tie some more.

"What makes you think I'll help you?" I challenge, glaring at him.

He licks his lips, his focus wholly on me.

"Considering you don't want to live with your father, you want your brother and yourself free along with him finally gone, you would want my help. If you don't, then I can just hand you back to your father and let you continue this life. When I tell your father certain things to put you off, that would just make things ten times harder."

"So," he adds. "It's your choice."

I remain silent and press my lips into a thin line. His glare is intense as he watches me, waiting for my next word. My next move.

When I think about it, there obviously is a better choice. But how do I know it's safe?

Nothing about this is safe.

"Can I think about it?" I mumble, looking down at the white carpet.

I hear him shuffling around until he appears in front of me. He lifts my chin and says, "tomorrow morning. That's it."

My cheeks heat for no reason as he drops his hand and walks away. I frown, looking at the closed door.

This is what I want right? A chance at freedom. A choice. I have a real choice—one that is good too. One that offers a way out.

I lay back on the bed and cover my face with my hands. Considering he isn't tricking me. And if he was tricking me, what would he be doing it for?

But if I were to decline his offer, I would be setting myself up for a full life of torture from my father. At least until Ink grows up and takes over but who is to say that he won't change?

Our father is cruel and is manipulative. We can't trust anything he says.

But as soon as the choice was given, I already knew what I would choose.