Chapter Three

Leo looks down at me, a small smirk curving his lips

Leo looks down at me, a small smirk curving his lips. I glare at him.

"Is something funny to you?" I ask him. I'm still stuck in my pajamas, probably look like I just got thrown in the dryer and to top it all off, I can't tame my pulse.

He shakes his head lightly. "I've never been offered a chained woman before. Especially not one that is anything but willing to be in my presence."

I scoff. He's full of himself. This is what I am stuck with for four weeks.

I keep to myself as he moves forward and unchains me, stepping back to grab my bag. I realize he has a cinnamon woodsy cent to him. As if he owns a cabin. He scans me from head to toe, gathering that I'm only in my pajamas.

He twitch's his head to the side and says roughly, "come on."

I purse my lips and follow him out with crossed arms. I need to get this over with as fast as I can. He guides me through the hallway and to the entrance hall. My father and Ink are nowhere to be seen.

Neither are any maids. I'm led outside of my house and to a black sleek car outside.

I don't wait for someone to open my door and I get inside. Leo gets into the passenger seat and mumbles something to the driver.

I don't put my seat belt on. I could only hope to get pulled over. Or crash and die. Either would be an escape.

The car ride is silent and Leo doesn't bother an attempt at conversation. I stare out of the window as trees blur past.

I'm not going to initiate anything.

Though the drive makes my leg bounce, nerves chewing at my system. I can handle myself. I just have to keep repeating that.

It doesn't take long before we pull into a driveway to a large estate. It's modern sleek and black, with big white columns as the foundation. Green lively bushes and shrubs surround it, vines crawling up the columns.

The car stops in front of the double doors and Leo gets out. I follow suit, standing with my arms at my side, staring up at the building.

It's large and very beautiful. I register that there's also a swing tied to a large tree to the right of the house. A small garden bed beside it.

I follow Leo as he ignores me and walks inside. The inside is even more expensive looking. White marble with black indents surround the floor and the large staircase leading upstairs.

There are even crystal chandeliers.

The walls are adorned with various paintings that are abstract and realism. I personally favor the one of the lonely little girl on a bench.

If I thought my father had it well with his business, Leo must be even better.

He walks upstairs, takes a right down a hallway and then another right before stopping in front of a door. He opens it and walks inside.