Twenty Nine: 7:02pm

My heart skipped a beat, watching as the surgeon walked through the doors.

I looked at my timer, then back to him, reading his body language; stress. Not relief.

I walked over, gulping as I reached him. "Just please tell me" I said with defeat.

He nodded slowly, looking around at my support system before looking at me with the same eyes I got when Grandpa passed.

"I'm so sorry Miss Hale, your father went into cardiac arrest during the surgery and could not be revived. My condolences. You are more than welcome to say your goodbyes when you're ready"

My knees weakened, my body being held up by Kian who sat us down, cooing me.

"I lost him; he's gone. I never got to tell him" I sobbed, feeling the walls within me collapse, my heart stinging.

"Gia, she's gotta say goodbye" I sniffled as he wiped my tears.

He smiled weakly, "Okay baby, take her with you" he nodded, gesturing Giana over.

I held onto his hand, silently asking him not to leave. He squeezed my hand three times as I took a deep breath.

We walked to the room, I stared at the ground, not ready to see him yet.

"Daddy? Daddy wake up" Giana's soft voice spoke, climbing onto the bed.

I blinked back the tears, looking up to see him. He looked peaceful, almost happy.

"Is he dead?" she gasped, tears welling in her eyes "Don't lie please" I couldn't speak, I opened my mouth yet nothing came out.

"Hey G, y'know that scene where Flynn rider is hurt, and he needs Rapunzel to let go? That's what happening. I'm sorry" Kian said softly.

She grabbed my hand, placing it over our father's chest. "Flower gleam and glow make your powers shine" she sung softly, breaking my heart.

I sat down, holding her close. She continued singing before looking up at me with tears streaming down her face.

She couldn't sing much more. "Bring back what once was mine" I sung softly, my voice cracking.

She tried to push my closer, "You have to get your tears on him" she cried.

I pulled her onto my lap, hugging her.

"He loves us, so, so much Gia. He'll watch us from Heaven, and you have me, I'm not going anywhere" I cooed, letting her cry onto my shoulder.

"Dad, I love you and I forgive you. I'm sorry I never told you. I'm sorry this happened to you" I finally said, squeezing his hand gently.

Giana reached for Kian, so he scooped her up, comforting her as I stared at my father.

"Bye dad, I hope you're resting peacefully" I said softly, letting the doctor know that I was ready.

We walked out, seeing my parents stand up with tears in their eyes.

I hugged them both, hearing their condolences and apologies. I just wanted to leave.

"Okay well just call us when you're ready" Mum spoke softly, kissing my cheek.

I nodded, turning to Kian who wrapped his arm around my waist, walking out to my car in silence.

He drove us to my father's house. I held the key tightly in my hand, helping Giana out of the car.

"Okay kid, let's grab everything you need for my house. I'm thinking we make your room look like Rapunzel's" I beamed, trying to lighten the mood.

She chuckled, nodding so we all went inside, grabbing her stuff.

Once we settled Giana into her room, I went downstairs to see Kian cooking?

"My love, you didn't even know how to make pancake batter" I chuckled, surprised with how delicious everything smelt.

He beamed proudly, holding out a spoon for me to taste. "I started learning ever since"

I smiled wide, before helping Giana onto the counter. "you, relax. Take your time. My little sous chef and I are gonna ratatouille this shit" He grinned.

"yeah we're gonna ratatouille this shit" Giana copied making us cover our mouths.

Okay, honestly children swearing is the funniest thing ever.

Kian looked at me, mouthing 'what do we do'. I was saved by the doorbell ringing so I quickly left, opening the door.

No one was there. I looked down to see a baby carrier and bag. "nah uh this shit only happens in movies" I whispered to myself.

I looked around, no one in sight so I knelt down, moving the blanket to see a baby, fast asleep. It had to be fresh out of the womb, tiny.

I grabbed the note laid on top of it.

'Aspyn, I hid this pregnancy from your father. I was done with him. I couldn't look at Giana without seeing him. I had this baby boy at 7:02pm today. He is your fathers twin, I can't do it. Please take care of Giana and Roman'

I covered my mouth, in complete shock. In one day, I've lost my father and become a guardian to two children.

7:02pm? That's when they pronounced my father's death.