With Benefits

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay fine, I take my words back. But you have to decide what you'll wear. And I'll pick you up at your place and we'll go together, of course" Joe finally had to take back his words because it was obvious there was no way he could defend himself.

"Good, this is a smart decision" Taylor winked and got up. "I gotta now go home and stumble with my cats, I mean give them food................ or both" Taylor chuckled. Both of them said their goodbyes and Taylor got her home.

----------------------------

Taylor was sitting on her bed and watching friends with Olivia in her lap. She heard her phone ringing and it was Abigail. 

"Hey Abi!!!" Taylor said. 

"Long time no talk! What is up gurl?" Abigail asked. It had been a long time since they talked because Taylor was swamped with her Reputation tour. 

"Nothing much. Like there is ever anything exciting going on in my life" Taylor exclaimed. 

"Wait right there. I heard you and Joe were going at a wedding, together, as a date? What's going on between you two?" Abigail excitedly asked. 

Oh no, how did she know this. And just after we broke up? I don't even know how to tell her now. Okay, Sorry Abigail, but I'll have to lie to you. Taylor weaved a quick lie in her mind and answered her question, "No, there's nothing going on between us. Joe asked someone to be his plus one earlier, but she bailed. So, he asked me to be his fake date, so I said why not, because I anyway haven't been to a wedding in so long" Very well, abigail bought that lie. 

"Okay, I got it. Damn it. I thought something was happening and I got so excited" Abigail whined which made Taylor laugh. 

"Oh Abi, I am taking that blue dress you had, you know that backless one, that metallic blue dress you wore at Linda's party" Taylor remembered she had to get a blue dress to match Joe. 

"First of all, was that a question?" Abigail confusingly asked.

"Nope. I know we can always exchange dresses anytime so I am telling you" Taylor said. 

"That's cool with me. So, when are you coming to pick it up?" 

"Today, idiot. I'm coming in an hour" 

Taylor ended the call and got ready to go to Abigail's to pick up her dress. She was excited for the wedding more than she thought because she never did the fake dating thing ever before. 

-------------

It was a beautiful and evening with a summer breeze. Taylor is sitting on her couch, waiting for her fake date, Joe to pick her up for the wedding. She is playing with Olivia when a doorbell is heard. Taylor got up and went to check the door. 

"Hey Joe!" Taylor said with a smile. She had never been this excited to got at a wedding ever before. 

"Hello Taylor. Shall we go now?" Joe gave the rose he brought with him. Taylor took it. She held Joe's hand and he led her to the car. 

"Hey Patrick!" Taylor saw Patrick and rushed towards him. 

"Hello Taylor. Looking totally gorgeous" Patrick said as he hugged Taylor. 

"Thank you. You look amazing too" She complimented him. 

"Hello guys, I am here too!" Joe said sarcastically. 

"Oh, didn't we just meet yesterday? And who would notice you when someone like Taylor is standing with you!" Patrick laughed. 

"Shut up, Patty! Its nothing like that, okay?" Taylor playfully smacked Patrick's shoulder.