Cruel Summer

After 3 months of being fuck buddies.....

It was a pleasant day. Joe was off for the shooting of his upcoming movie and Taylor was playing random keys on her piano. She had thought of a new song out of nowhere and was gonna sing it to Joe. She was pretty excited because he already loved all the tracks of Reputation.

She breaths out, "Thank god. I think this will be enough for now. I think I'll call Joe because ummmm I think just like that. It must be his break. And I have to tell him to come over"

She gets up and stretches a little. She grabs her phone and calls Joe. He finally picks it up.

"Hey dude, sup?" Taylor asked. It wasn't easy for her to call him dude.

"Oh-" It wasn't Joe. It was a woman who picked it up. She keeps the phone down and calls out, "Darling, come on here. Somebody called you" Then she ended the call.

Taylor stood there in shock. She was trying to process what had just happened. She had tears in her eyes. She started to break down. Everything started to blur.  She already had trust issues and now. She immediately fell on the floor because her knees couldn't handle this. Her heart shattered into a million pieces. Leaning by the wall, she grabbed a cushion and clunched it as hard as she could. She just sat there, crying in this hurt. She knew that they were just friends, however, it didn't change the fact that she secretly had feelings for him. Joe sleeping with Taylor, she at least had some part of him. But she knew it would all be over if he meets someone else. She knew she had no right to feel this way, but the heart never listens to the brain, does it?

After she had her moment, she wipes her tears with her hands. She goes to the couch, takes both her cats and holds them. She looks at them as if she is talking to them and says, "Okay. This time, I will deal with him differently. I know I can't act this way, but why did he not tell me about whoever that bitch is. Joseph Mathew Alwyn, get ready for it" The flames of rage, sadness could be clearly seen in her eyes and her face.

She now went to wash her face and her puffy red eyes. Then, she simply texted Joe to come at her place after his work was over.

To distract herself, she started her favorite playlist and decided to bake it off, for the moment. After an hour, or so, she takes the yummy, freshly baked cookies in her hands. She begins to munch them and closes her eyes in delight. She pats herself on her shoulders and says, "You've really outdid baking! Proud of myself" 

She decides to watch 'friends'. In the episode she is watching, its Monica and Chandler are together now. Taylor have always wanted to have a relationship like theirs. She couldn't stop crying, silently as she watched it. She was so close to have something like theirs, but her stupid brain thought she won't be able to handle a relationship. She turns the TV off and gets up. She sighs and says, "Hah, looks like you're gonna die alone, Taylor" she goes off as she rolls her eyes. 

It was a pretty warm evening. Taylor decides to leave the ladies out in the yard to play a little, as they were gradually becoming lazy.

She comes back and starts to think of writing a song about Joe, but this time, it portrayed how love always has to come to an end and give you emotional scars that can last for forever.

---------------------------------

It was 7 pm. Joe could be home any minute. Taylor kept her guitar aside and as it was also getting cold, she went out to bring them Meredith and Olivia back in. She walks out and glanced Joe talking to Ricky. She didn't want to eavesdrop but hides behind a pillar to listen what Joe is up to.

"Ricky, sorry but she is so annoying. I mean all she is just talking about is her cat. 'MYy Livie is this, my Livie is that' and you know what? Her cat-"