Trapped

They both were in Taylor's room, at her parent's house, trapped, forced to fix the rivalry going on between them since a week.

They stood at the opposite ends near her bed, awkwardly, trying to start the conversation.

"So, why do you think I didn't help you?" Joe asked, with his hands crossed.

"Why do you only and only care about the band?" Taylor fired back, with a louder voice.

"Because I don't want to talk about anything else. It's something which we both love" Joe answered, raising his voice as well.

Their voices were getting louder and louder, taking out all their anger and frustration.

"Oh really? Or is it the only thing you KNOW about? Because you can't tell me you aren't interested in food. You're a total foodie" Taylor yelled, with a sassy look on her face.

"Oh, so now you have a problem with me wanting to taste different cuisines"

"I never said that. In fact this thing kinda helped me" Taylor said. "And why won't you think I would have a problem with you"

"Why are you always lashing out at me? Like I'VE done something wrong?" Joe finally asked it.

Taylor asked, not sure of what to say, "I just- you know-" Taylor hesitated.

"What?"

Taylor took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying not to break down. "It's just so much pressure to be the bride. I want everything to be perfect. And you know that very well that I don't get that satisfaction unless I do that particular work myself. There are so many fucking choices in everything, you name it. I'm so exhausted. I'm trying to get this shit together. I just want everything to be perfect, flawless, just for one day. I know we aren't doing a big wedding because of the media and it's also something I want. But there is still lot of stuff to look upon. The decorations, the invitations, the food, the services, the budget and a lot of things. And then, if you just don't try to understand my situation then I'm sorry, it'll all fall apart" She took deep breaths. Her fists were closed but tears eventually came out of her eyes. She continued, "I love you, so so much, unconditionally. Do you think it was easy for me to fight with you? This week has been so fucking hard for me. Not speaking for a week, this was my worst nightmare. It was like living in hell" She started crying even more.

Joe never wants to see his girl cry. Tears streamed down his cheek, listening to her argument. He said, "Taylor, I'm sorry. I never understood what you must be feeling. I just never thought about how much stressed you must've been" He wiled the tears off his face and continued, "I love you, too, more than you could ever imagine. There was not a second when I didn't think about you. I wanted to call you, but I just didn't have the will to do that. I wish I could take back everything I said to you that night" He moved closer to Taylor and rested her hand on her cheeks. She looked in his ocean blue eyes, which always melted her. Water flowed through her eyes as she was blinking. Taylor wiped the tears from Joe's face, gently. There was complete silence in the room. But that silence was all that was needed.

Their eye contact broke. Taylor took Joe's hand and sat with him on the edge of her bed. She took a picture of Joe kissing Taylor on her cheek from their first date kept on the table. She gave it to Joe and said, "Remember this? Such a beautiful night" Taylor said, blushing.

Joe took the picture in his hands as their fingers brushed. He said, "One of the best pictures of us" Smiling uncontrollably. He put his arms around her neck, pulling her in for a hug. He whispered, "We are still getting married, right?" And he kissed her cheeks.

Taylor pulled away and didn't reply to this. She rather had a faint expression. "Joe, I think we need a little time. Don't you think? I mean the last month had been really exhausting for me and for you as well. Maybe a little time away, like two or three days, will give us time to clear our minds and then," Taylor continued as she got up the bed, "I just don't want any conflicts and you know, fights happening after the wedding. You understand me right?"