Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Chat Noir's POV

Chat Noir had seen Ladybug mad before, and it wasn't pleasant. He had noticed her cold behavior more and more during patrols and akuma fights. But never had he seen her act so indifferent towards an akumatized victim, especially one who she was familiar with. Ladybug had even given her interviews, so what had changed?

Then there was the matter of Princess Wasp. Sure, Ladybug had added new heroes to the team before, but there was something she wasn't telling him. She wouldn't let Rena Rouge wield her Miraculous, and then proceeded to add another hero. It just didn't make sense.

"Chat Noir? Hello?" Alya asked, waving her hand in front of him.

He snapped out of his thoughts and back to reality.

"Sorry, I guess I just spaced out there for a second." He apologized.

"Do you need any help getting home? " Chat Noir asked, knowing the answer.

"No, but I do have a favor to ask of you. You know Marinette Dupain-Cheng, right?" Alya asked.

Chat Noir's eyes sparked with interest.

"Yes, actually, I do." He responded, unsure of where the conversation was headed.

"Well, she's been bullying my best friend Lila recently, so I was wondering if you could maybe tell her to stop? It's gotten out of hand, and I'm worried that LIla will get akumatized!" Alya looked extremely concerned at the prospect of Lila getting akumatized.

Alya had been originally asking Ladybug to, but since she had left so quickly with the new heroine, she hadn't got the chance to ask. Chat Noir was her next best option.

She expected him jump at the possibility of getting to prevent akumatizations, but what she did not expect was for his ears to droop and for him to sigh.

He sighed.

"I wish I could, believe me. Your friend Adrien asked me to talk to her, and believe me, I tried." He said, remembering his talk with Marinette and how it did not go well.

"What happened?" Alya asked. Marinette had not mentioned anything about this.

"Well, I went to her balcony to visit her, per request of Adrien Agreste, and she kind of..." He trailed off.

"She kind of what?" Alya pressed. She could feel anger bubbling in her stomach.

"Well, she kind of snapped. I told her that she should try and be nicer to this Lila girl. She said that the girl was untruthful, and that she was trying to protect her friends." Chat Noir took a deep breath to finish speaking, but was interrupted by Alya.

"She told you what?!" Alya shrieked, causing a few bystanders to look at them curiously.

Chat Noir shushed her and looked around before continuing.

"I told her that even if Lila was untruthful, she should just take the high road and be the bigger person. When I told her that I was trying to prevent akumatizations from happening, she called me lazy, and a sorry excuse for a hero. Then she closed her window and I left." Chat Noir could feel his temper beginning to rise as he recounted the memory for Alya.

"She actually did that?" Alya asked in disbelief. The leather clad hero felt himself getting angry, so he started to pace back and forth as a way of working it off.

"That's not all! She told Ladybug about what happened, but I have a feeling that she twisted the story to make it sound worse than it actually was." He said darkly.

He then remembered who he was talking to. Alya Césaire.

He added," You can't tell anyone what I told you, and definitely don't post this on the Ladyblog."

Alya assured him that she wouldn't. She was fuming on the inside.

"Don't worry I won't even though that bit- I mean brat doesn't deserve it, I won't post about it on the Ladyblog."

Both Participants didn't notice that a certain brunette had heard every word being spoken.