Everyone was getting settled in at the reception room, walking around and greeting each other, when the bride, a young woman with short black hair who I'd just met today, approached Vincent and I.

"Don and Donna," The dark haired woman's greeted us, "Thank you so much for coming, I'm so honored!" She gushed, wide smile plastered on her face.

Her husband held out a hand for Vincent to shake but quickly put it back down, before greeting him, "Don." He nodded.

I keep forgetting that he hates being touched.

"Thank you for inviting us, it was a lovely ceremony," I spoke for both Vincent and I.

"Thank you." He nodded at me, "Don, a couple of the guys are by the bar, if you want to go say hello?"

Vincent nodded his head and turned to me, putting his hand on the small of my back, ushering me with him, but Ella stopped him with a squeal, "No ma'am! Come with me, you can finally meet some of the wives!" She cheered, and I looked to Vincent for confirmation and he nodded his head, indicating I could go.

Ella walked us up to a group of a couple women that Vincent had told me earlier were the new wives of some the husbands in the families.

We came to a stop in front of the group of women and I felt eyes on me. I turned around to check, and sure enough, Vincent had his body facing my direction with his eyes on me, not joining in on the banter around him.

"Hi everyone, this is Ezra, Vincent's wife." Ella greeted the women, making me turn my focus back to her.

"Ezra, this is Blair, Sarah, and Katherine." She pointed at each beautiful girl as she spoke, and I stick my hand up in a small wave, "Hello." I greeted.

"Wow, Ezra." A young woman who was introduced as Blair welcomed me, "I heard Vincent got married, but I was starting to question the legitimacy of it, yet here you are." She stated, as she twirled her brown hair around her finger, giving me a distasteful smile. 

"Here I am." I agreed with a small laugh.

A little condescending, but okay.

Ella was called over somewhere else, but quickly apologized, leaving me alone with the group of women.

"Don't take this the wrong way or anything Ezra," Blair spoke getting my attention, "I just never figured the Don to get married to someone like you."

What would be a right way to take that? I wanted to ask, but refrained.

"I mean, I'm sure you're great," She giggled looking at her friends, "I just figured that the Don would want someone from one of the families that has been around a little longer. I mean the 'Gallos' haven't been around that long, just your grandfather right?" She asked smugly.

"Yeah, that's right."

She decided it was good idea to keep going, "I just, I don't know, was shocked when my husband told me Vincent got married, to a Gallo especially. I just figured he'd chose different."

Why is she trying so hard to hurt my feelings?
Then it clicked, she wanted Vincent. She's jealous.

"Yet, he still chose me." I clarified.

She looked taken aback, "Well, he did meet with my family about an engagement, but-"

"But he found someone that he actually wanted as his wife. Got it." I smiled at her. Jealous bitch.

Blair changed the subject quickly, "Ezra, we were just talking about a little outing, you have to come out with us on Friday. We are doing mani's and pedi's, and getting lunch." She managed to spit out, and I shrugged, completely done with this conversation, "I'll have to ask Vince, but I'm sure it won't be an issue."