"Niara?" My father called, making me look up. "We're here".

I hummed and looked out the window before stepping out of the car. His house was just about as big as mine, but it looked completely different.

 His house was just about as big as mine, but it looked completely different

It was a nice house, from the outside I could see plenty of windows. Me and my father walked up to the main entrance, where there where servants who opened the doors for us, I made sure to smile and thank them.

As soon as I walked into the house I noticed quite a few people scattered about, normally I would recognize a few people when attending parties with my father but everyone here is so... unfamiliar. I took a small step closer to my father since everything was so new.

"Niara, I'm gonna go talk with some people. It's business related so sadly you can't be around" He says and I nod hesitantly.

I hated being by myself in new places, but I understand that my father doesn't want me listening to his private conversations.

I sigh and walk further into the house. I decided to huddle into a random corner and be gloomy. Normally I would have Calumn to talk too, but I don't think he would be here since I don't recognize anyone else

I sulk silently as I boredly played with a loose strand of my hair.

"Well don't you look excited" I heard a random voice say, making me look in the direction of a tall man with dark hair.

I dropped my hand from my hair as I stood up straight "I- uhm...  I was just bored" I mumbled quietly.

He laughed softly "I get it don't worry, I hate when my family throws these dinner parties" He says, leaning onto the wall next to me.

"Oh.. you live here? Do you know Killian Donovan?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Well I'd hope so, he's my brother" He smiled making my mouth go ajar slightly.

"Woah, I didn't think he had any siblings" I said more to myself.

"Well he does. The names Alaster by the way, yours?" he puts his hand out for me shake.

"Oh, my name is Niara" I say as I put my hand in his and shake it.

"May I ask how you know Killian? you don't seem like the type to that would work for him".

"He starting homeschooling me a few days ago" I say which makes his eyebrow raise.

"Oh! are you Mr. Valentines daughter perhaps?" he asks curiously and I nod.