Chapter 3 - Roommate

Time skip to the last period, Timothy's POV

It's been about 30 or more minutes since I saw the broken headphones that almost inspired me to hack through a door just to get them. 

I know, it's a stupid idea, but I can't help but think about excuses on why our principal would have those, or reasons on why I shouldn't hack through the door to see what's inside it, or even how Michael4 would-

"Timothy! Would you care to give us the answer to the equation (+35) - (-40)?" The teacher called as it snapped me out of my trance. Luckily, I already knew the answer. 

"The answer is (-5), ma'am," I replied as the teacher looked at me in some disbelief, which I had to admit, was pure gold. She then proceeded to write my answer down on the whiteboard & proceeded with the lesson.

 A few minutes after that, Stella went and raised her hand when the teacher called her. "What is it, Stella?" 

"Miss, me and Paulina recently heard about some new students coming tomorrow, & we'd like to know a little more about them if you happen to know anything at all," Stella said sweetly in some strained voice as most of the class groaned, indicating that they had already heard of the news. 

"Dear, I don't know anything about them, but you can be sure to socialize with them tomorrow." the teacher said as she put her marker down and the bell rang. Stella simply scowled as she left with Paulina, then the other students left along with them. As I was putting everything in my bag, I heard students talk about their roommates. 

"Dude, did you hear that I got Chris as my roommate? Now I have to deal with his jokes for the rest of the year!" OJ complained as he shoved a handful of pencils into his bag. "At least you didn't get stuck with Stella or Tyler," Paul replied as the 2 left the class. 

Oh, crap! I have to check on my apartment to see my roommate after school! With that in mind, I go out of the classroom to head back home. While I'm walking out of the school, my phone gives out a pang, and I stop to look at it. 

Hold on, did I get added to a group chat? As I look closer, I realize that Stella and Paulina have added everybody, & I mean everybody in the entire school into a group chat. Next thing you know, thousands of text messages pop up on my phone from different people from the group chat. 

✨The Entire School✨

Gossip Girl #1: Oh hey guys! Welcome to our group chat!

Gossip Girl #2: If anyone happens to have some juicy intel on anyone, be sure to let us know! 😏

Sarcastic_Boi: What did I do to be here again? 😑

OJ🍊: Stella how did you manage to put the ENTIRE school into 1 group chat??!

Gossip Girl #1: OJ, it's really easy once you happen to know everyone's emails. By then you just have to add them to a group chat!

Ms. Clean: Wait, how do you know all our emails-

Gossip Girl #2: First off! Samantha, is it true that you were secretly the Janitor back in middle school?

Ms. Clean: Oh, how I WISH I was! Our real janitor didn't even clean the place as much as he should have back then! I pity those who will have to touch an unclean surface over & over again 😢

Sarcastic_Boi: oH wOw, I FeeL Bad FOr thOse poOR wItTlE GUIs

Ms. Clean: Oh, shame on you 😠

Paul: Am I allowed to leave or...

Gossip Girl #2: What? No! 

                                                           (Mackenzie the Marsh has left the chat)

Gossip Girl #2: HOW DARE YOU-

I then turned off any notifications from my phone and started walking along. As I got on the sidewalk, I kept thinking about who my roommate could be, & and what it would be like living with them.

 For example, if I got Carlos & Carlos as my roommates, I would always have to deal with them both talking at once, but the upside would be that they would probably respect boundaries when it came to that. 

However, if I got Brian as my roommate, then he'd probably have that sassy attitude from last year, but he'd at least be fun to talk to at some point, considering he forgot about the time I made him trip in a swimming pool. 

I chuckled thinking about it as I crossed the road & could see part of the building I'd be living in. As I thought about it more, a horrifying thought entered my mind. 

What if Michael 4 was my roommate? 

What if he is my roommate?

Shit.

With that thought in mind, I ran as fast as I could to my apartment. Then again, there wasn't a reason to as I was already there. I was planning to ask OJ's dad who my roommate is, but then the office desk was empty, showing that whoever was currently working was now on break. 

Sighing, I walked up the stairs with my bag in tow. How knows? Maybe being roommates with him won't be as terrible as it sounds. However, the scenarios running through my mind proved that wrong. 

I finally reached apartment ### & looked at the door.  I took a deep breath and then opened the door, only to see no one there. I looked around the room to see my note placed differently, proving that my roommate had already come earlier. 

Then again, they probably were still at school, making their way here already. Just to be sure, I checked their side of the room, which had some suitcases on their bed. I then heard the door open, & rushed to the door to greet them. 

*sigh* If only I hadn't slammed right into their chest. 

I then rubbed my face in pain. I was about to do one of those things where someone apologizes profusely to the other until I saw who it was.  

"M-Matt?" I stuttered out as he looked down at me in the same surprise that I had. 

I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. Matt, the person whom I used to hate with a burning passion, then became decent friends with him, then tried to defend me at the last second when Michael 4 snapped, but didn't, is here of all places? At least I didn't end up with Michael 4 himself. 

"Greetings Timothy. I noticed the note that you left me. It was quite helpful." Matt replied in his monotone voice as if nothing happened a year ago. Then again, he probably wanted to be rid of those memories too. "Oh, it's fine," I replied as normally as a normal person could. 

We both then shared this awkward silence for a minute or two before I showed him to his room, & that was the end of it. 

As I unpacked most of my things for the rest of the day, I had far too many questions in my head that paired up with fewer answers to match. By the time I was done, I lay on my bed with my PJs  (which just consisted of a white shirt & pants), exhausted. 

Thinking of one last question before I dozed off: 

Why is Matt so calm about us two being roommates? Especially with the fact that the "Incident" happening a year ago might make things worse between us & Michael?

Before I could notice, a tear went from my eye when I remembered what happened a year ago, but I quickly wipe it off and let myself fall into a deep sleep. I don't need him anymore.

& they were Roommates  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

However, I got to 1311 words which is kind of neat for me. Anyways, I hope you have a good day/night!

Sincerely, Creative stream