Epilogue

Athena

I paced around in the spacious bathroom, glancing at the closed drawer once in a while.

What if the doctor got it wrong? What if I am really not pregnant? Maybe they mixed up the results?

It was stupid, but I needed a confirmation one last time.

One sure thing is, I can't keep this away from him. Its been only two days since the visit to the doctor and there has already been numerous times where it just....slipped out.

Almost.

I didn't know I was this bad at keeping secrets from him.

Damn.

But the two days was a mentally good place for me to try think silently.

I think a baby growing in me is awesome. I can't wait to be an embarrasing mom. How fun will it be to have kids to annoy and they won't even be able to tell you back?

Just perfect.

I chuckled out loud, before clapping my hands over my mouth. I hope he didn't hear that.

"Okay okay, here goes nothing." I murmured, shuddering off my nerves.

I slowly opened the drawer and sure enough it was there, with the exact same result.

Two red lines.

I stared at it for a moment before letting out a wide grin. It was overwhelming, even though it has been some time since I knew but still, I couldn't help my teary eyes.

Ace would know now.

Grabbing the test result I slowly opened the bathroom door. He was still sleeping soundly, cuddling up with a pillow.

Must have thought it was me.

Adorable.

I tip toed out silently, going into his study and then grabbed a marker. Writing what I thought was pretty good I closed it off, returning stealthily back to the bedroom.

"Where did you run off to?"

"Gah!" I shrieked, but my quick reflexes had my hands instantly going to my back, clutching the result safely away from his sight.

Ace was still in bed, pushing himself up. He rubbed his face, ran his fingers through his hair making it more messy before looking at me again.

"Come here. I want morning cuddles." Aww.

Smiling like an idiot I walked forward.

"What are you hiding Athena?" Ace asked suspiciously, his eyes flitting to my arms behind me and then back up again.

I gave him an innocent shrug, tucking the test up the sleeve of my hoodie. Lifting myself up I straddled him on the bed, smiling but said nothing.

Ace's hands were already on my waist, holding me in place as he sighed deeply in content.

"Athena...are you alright?" I raised an eyebrow at his question.

"You have been acting weird for the past few days." He explained, staring at my face intensely for an answer. "Is something wrong?" Ace finally asked, looking and sounding genuinely worried for me.

I shook my head, finally handing him over the test result.

Ace went still under me, staring at the stick blankly. I gave him a few moments to digest it but I felt nothing but anxious.

Was he ready?

"We are pregnant?" Ace finally asked, his voice barely above a whisper. I nodded, biting my lip nervously.