49. No Cheating

Athena 

A year later

"He is a man of his words, he will be back."

He isn't.

He isn't back.

It's been a whole fucking year. I just wanna know if he is alive. At this point, I don't wanna know anything else than that.

I huffed, ordering two more shots. These months were torture enough that I am sure I turned into an alcoholic. 

I can't kick off my day without a glass of gin, is that bad?

I don't care.

Dragging my feet on the cold tiles knowing I had nothing to be excited about the day I had to tackle down was so depressing. Layla would cheer me up, but I am sure she will slap Ace if she sees him.

My parents knew shit. If they asked to hand over the phone to him I would say he was really busy, or that he was eating or in a meeting. They are busy themselves and haven't seen us in a while.

I shouldn't have lied to them. Ace made it pretty clear that he was going and never coming back. Why do I keep acting like he will change his mind?

Shane calls me every day, just to disappoint me by saying nothing. At least he cares, one true loyal friend.

"Whiskey on rocks, eight!" A guy yelled beside me causing me to flinch, before glaring at him.

"Sorry, music." He yelled again. I rolled my eyes and went back to observe the club emptily.

I was zoning out mostly. Laura, my assistant, was almost fed up with my figure and attitude these days, but she was too sweet to say it out loud. I handed over the responsibilities to her and increased her salary, knowing very well if I continue this absent-minded thing I would crash to the ground in a week with a heavy debt.

Ace. You are a dumbass. I will kick you where the sun doesn't shine when you finally do come.

Or maybe I would never get to do that.

I drank as if my life didn't matter anymore.

I didn't think about the trips I planned, I didn't care about my business, I didn't even think about my parents and friends.

"Ugh, get a grip." I mumbled under my breath. That's what I have been trying to do for a year. Other than walking like a zombie in the daytime and being a drunk chick at night time, those words really haven't helped me. 

These thoughts only made me take another shot.

No like, really, enough. I will shut down in 15 minutes if you keep going.

I don't care, do whatever shit you want.

Fine, unstable bitch.

I ignored the screaming voice in me and looked around. It was packed as always, sweaty bodies grinding and dancing with strangers as my eyes wandered.

Maybe if I at least tried to move on I won't be so pathetic? I never even tried all this while, maybe this night would.

Maybe just one time. I mean, there are a lot of guys I can have and then I get hung up on just one?

Scoffing, I downed another shot and got up, shimming my way to the dance floor.

The salty smell of sweat of hundreds hit my nostrils, but at this point who cared? Everyone around me was drunk and going through sexual tension.

The beat of the music got caught in my head, my body started moving rhythmically to it. My hips swayed, my hands up as I started enjoying the tune, and just letting go.