30. Charges for blushing

Ace

She had a light mole just above her upper lip. Beautiful.

Her lips were moving but my ears didn't wanna listen. It was as if my ears gave their power to the eyes.

It is, loss of one sense sharpens the others after all.

My wife's eyes were trained on the lawyer. Not me, not the surroundings in shyness from my gaze, but at that old fucker. 

He wasn't even that good-looking.

I silently scoffed, tearing my eyes off her. With a tight lip, my ears finally gave in to hear what was going on in that normal-sized room, called the lawyer's office.

I thought he must be joking. When he was heard to be a very thriving lawyer, very good especially in criminal cases I thought he must be young and brainy, that's why I hired him.

I can't use my company lawyers for shitty things.

The man in front of me conversing with Athena is over 50. His bronze hair fell lightly on his forehead, making me wonder why he wasn't bald yet. His brown eyes were fixed on Athena, showing her numerous files and papers.

He was fit. Why was he fit?

"The child could be his." His voice suggested while I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. No shit.

"Yes, but I am talking about if it isn't. Won't it be a big scam to go against a businessman like him? What is the punishment?" Athena inquired in the most serious voice I have heard from her.

I was losing my shit while she? She was not panicking over this, and in that way made me calm too. She looked over it as if its a complex construction of a well-planned murder.

Her confidence and strength didn't even waver a second. Athena was already on plan C....D....E....., all the way to Z. While I?

I was busy wondering how visionless I should have been to not notice my own wife earlier.

I did notice. I did not want to accept it myself.

Athena had the silkiest hair I have ever seen. It wasn't oily, but it wasn't too dry either. It was pure black making it shinier, waves falling on one after other rather messily. And still managed to look exquisite.

The color of her hair and her professional dress complimented her skin well, along with that necklace, possibly her own design.

"Ace." Athena whisper shouted while grabbing my hand from under the desk, making me snap out of my thoughts.

I stared at her for an explanation. "He is asking if we need to move legally."

"No." I said too quickly than I intended. Athena looked at me shocked, before turning to the lawyer. What the heck was his name again?

"Just give us a minute, Peter." Ah, right. Peter.

He nodded and turned to his files while Athena grabbed my hand, walking out the room.

Her small hand fit so perfectly into mine, like a puzzle. 

"Why do you not want the legal move?" She asked in confusion as soon as we were in the hallway. I frowned at the idea.

"First, I doubt his capabilities. Second, maybe we should wait and see how they....you know, act to all this. The more fishy things get, the more we would go to the lawyer. If they are fake they might do more stupid things, and we could perhaps trap them with everything from every side." Athena slowly nodded, before breaking out in a grin.