40. Two Letters

Athena

Every inch of my body was sore, but it wasn't new anymore. Not that I am complaining. I grunted, burying my head deeper into the soft duvets.

Wait, this is his penthouse!

I shot up as my eyes opened in a frenzy, knowing I wasn't at the isolated mansion. Sure enough, the large bed with the decorations of a penthouse appeared in my vision.

Wasn't this a working day? How will I get home without being seen?

Shit. We couldn't even wait to get home.

"You are up." I stated in a hoarse voice, eyeing a shirtless Ace who walked just then into the room.

"And you can't be up." He stated, trying to hide his smirk when I scowled.

"Don't you dare give me that face. Now let me out, I need to go to the mansion before any workers come." I groaned as I rolled on the bed, reaching out for a shirt of his from the floor. I got out the soft duvets after I wore it and sure enough, I could only limp and walk.

Ace said nothing. He went around the house, before bringing me a long winter coat that covered my entire frame.

"Go to my office and use the private elevator to go straight to the ground floor. Shane is waiting there."

"Aren't you coming?" I asked as I slid into the coat. It was warm and I needed it too much.

First, it covered my whole body, and second, the weather was starting to get cold and I didn't even have two layers.

"I am a billionaire Athena, I have work." Ace replied, before grabbing a towel and getting in the bathroom.

Alright then.

"See you at home." I shouted as I walked away and I heard him hum.

....was he acting weird? Nah, he is always like this, isn't he?

He didn't kiss me on my forehead, nor did he say anything dirty or tease me, which happened after we did it the previous night.

Maybe he really has work to do.

Brushing it off I quickly fixed my hair by running my hand through it multiple times. I relaxed myself a little before opening the door out.

There were no guards by the door but there were by the elevator. They gave me a small smile, letting me into the elevator. I sighed as soon as it closed off. I reached his office quickly and grabbed whatever I left there yesterday of mine, before getting into the same elevator and went to the ground floor.

"Thank god you are here." I muttered as I half sprinted to the familiar white car, quickly getting in.

"Good morning."

"Morning. How are you?" I asked as I shut the door softly. He smiled at my question before shrugging.

"Off to the mansion?" I hummed in answer. I started out at the moving scenery before taking out my phone.

I haven't texted Layla in so long. Does she know what shit is going on recently? Where is she? Dead?

I gave her a quick text of a meeting and right when I was about to keep the phone down, a ping was heard. I quickly checked it to see if it was from Layla.

No, it was from Noah.

Yep, Noah. The old man that married my best friend and the reason I felt the adrenaline to marry Ace. The first chapter of my rollercoaster.

I think I should thank him for being old.

- the results will be mailed
by the evening.