Chapter 32

AN: I lied, I had to split up some parts bc it got pretty long. Chapter 35 will be the last one. Will upload them a few days apart. Hope you are in a reading mood the next few days :)

~~~

The small display that was tied around George's wrist showed the remaining time he had to escape from this ship.

Desperately, George had struggled for some time until he had reached the control panel, disregarding the few mistakes he had made by moving the ship. Slime, the artificial intelligence he had then quickly persuaded to destroy the ship and had then stormed out again. The doors, as well as windows, had opened automatically when the self-destruct was activated so that the remaining people could find a quick emergency exit. At one point, George thought about just jumping out the window, but decided against it.

His whole body screamed for a break as he ran down the stairs for what felt like the hundredth time. He would have loved to lie down in one of the many beds in the rooms and fall asleep while everything around him broke into a thousand little pieces, but he couldn't. After all, he had done, he had to at least try to fix everything. With a cry of pain, he landed on the next floor as he skipped a step in his overzealousness. He landed hard on his knees, which were already hurting from the previous turmoil he had endured.

Groaning in pain, he made it back to his feet and kept running. He thought about Sapnap and how he wanted to apologize to the Blaze. How betrayed they must all feel. He thought of Wilbur, with whom he had never been a real friend before, and yet they had both grown closer since Dream. Even if Wilbur would never admit such a thing. 

Wilbur would be pissed too because Dream had betrayed him and slashed his face. George hoped the Avian was okay, and George made it his goal to hug everyone as soon as they survived the fight. He was just turning the next corner when he heard the slamming of doors. His fear that there was someone else in the ship was confirmed when he heard the voice blaring through the ship's speakers.

"Oh, George~," Dream's voice warbled mendaciously through the speakers. He was near, tracking George across the rooms that were interconnected and had internal ventilation systems. He knew that the blonde was trying to cut him off and then get in front of him.

There was, of course, the possibility that George could get Dream to sleep, but he needed direct skin contact for that, and he wanted them both to make it out safely. Carrying a sleeping Dream out of the ship would kill them both because it would make him three times slower.

Instead of responding to the angel's ominously sweet voice, George ran on. Some time ago, his heart would have leaped at the angel's voice and a small tingle would have rushed through his entire body. The only thing rushing through George's body now was blind rage. He hated himself and Dream for doing these things out of pure selfishness. He didn't want to be the person who fell in love with a monster. They had all been right about the fact that demons and angels could not love each other. Because it only caused them both to turn into monsters.

Just as the stairs came into his field of vision, a figure jumped out of the doorway and cut him off. In front of him stood Dream and even though he was so proudly and dangerously built up in front of him, while his gun was attached to his belt, George was not afraid. He stopped several feet away in front of him and they stared at each other appraisingly for some time. The dark-haired couldn't hide his pain as well as Dream, but his face also looked distorted with pain. There was a dent in his visor, he held his head slightly more crooked than usual and the sleeves of his sweater were pulled up, revealing his perfect and scar-free arms.

While George stood across from him, holding his side panting as he felt each breath getting heavier. His clothes were torn and bloody, underneath the rips in his clothing his skin was riddled with multiple scars. The dark-haired man glanced at the display on his wrist. Somehow he had to get past Dream and there were several room doors open beside him. He just had to find the right room with the Vent Shaft leading down.