𝟎𝟎𝟖 ; 𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧?

Start from the beginning

◂ ❚ break ❚ ▸

"Do you have any idea who they were, dear aunt and uncle?" Bellatrix purred against Orion totally ignoring Walburga who glared at the insane woman.

"No we don't and I hope you do not act as a deranged woman that we all know you are, huh, my dear niece." Walburga smirked slightly at Bellatrix who scowled at her.

"Let's proceed to the dining room, 15 minutes are almost over, shall we my dear wife?" Orion smiled at Walburga who nodded her head in agreement. 

◂ ❚ break ❚ ▸

"So, I think some introductions are in order, I am Bellatrix Lestrange and you are-" Bellatrix trailed off as her eyes roamed all over Athanasios' broad shoulders and his tall frame who shifted in his seat a little uncomfortable by all the staring while both Evelyn and Regulus glared daggers at the said woman.

"Athanasios Peverell, Lord to the most ancient and noble house of Peverell, pleasure to  meet you, Lord and Lady Black and Lady Lestrange." Athanasios said.

All the three said people stared dumbfounded at the new information.

"Peverell?" Walburga stuttered as she glanced at Regulus for confirmation who nodded his head.

"And the Lady?" Orion questioned Evelyn who looked at Athanasios. 

"She is Evelyn Sayre, my fiancé and also the Heir to Slytherin."

Everyone's jaw dropped at the answer, even Evelyn's who composed herself quite quickly and Regulus who was looking at the both of them with unadulterated awe and a little jealousy at the fiancé part which was of course noticed by Athanasios who smirked slightly.

"NO! It's impossible! She's a liar! MY LORD IS THE LAST LIVING SLYTHERIN —" Bellatrix shrieked causing Evelyn to shrink back slightly in her seat causing Athanasios and Regulus to glare at the mad woman. 

"Stop this instance, Lady Lestrange because the Lestrange wouldn't want a blood feud with the Peverells, would they?" Athanasios stared blankly at Bellatrix causing her to glare at Evelyn. 

"This is all your fault! Why don't you just go and die, you shameless whor'!"

"Bellatrix!"

"Lord Peverell, please let us handle this! I promise you she will be punished." Lord Orion pleaded because he was the one who had arranged this contract between his niece and his friend's older son which had quite bluntly ruined their friendship as Corvus Lestrange came to know of Bellatrix's madness and Orion knew that if she got a blood feud that too from such a powerful family like the Peverells, he could forget that he was ever friends with Corvus.

"I will trust your judgement, Lord Black and now please excuse the three of us." With that Athanasios left with Evelyn and Regulus trailing off behind him.

◂ ❚ break ❚ ▸

"Are you okay?" Regulus asked Evelyn who looked at him and nodded with a small smile on her face as Athanasios paced the room  with a furious expression on his face. 

"I should've killed that bitch."

"Athanasios! Mortem! Mor-Mor! Look at me, it's okay! Calm down, take a deep breath!" 

Athanasios did end up taking a deep breath as Evelyn said before going towards her and picking her up from the bed and then settling both of themselves on the bed with Evelyn on his lap.

He then rested his chin on the crook of her neck, breathing in her scent and making Evelyn's face go a very lovely shade of red.

"Thanos! Lemme' go you ug-" Evelyn shrieked as Athanasios suddenly bit her neck. "Careful with what you say Eve, wouldn't want a repeat of last time or did you love it that much you want a repeat?"

If it was possible for Evelyn to go more red she did just that while Regulus turned away as he felt a bitter feeling taking place in his heart.

"Baby Black? Reg? Regulus!?" Regulus turned towards Athanasios who was looking at him with a knowing glint in his eyes.

"Are you jealous?" 

"Jealous? Why would I be jealous of you and Eve? I don't even like you-" Regulus started rambling before he was cut off by Athanasios who smirked, "I never mentioned who you were jealous of and-"

He was cut off as Evelyn playfully slapped his thigh, "Don't tease him!"

The bitter feeling came back with much greater force and Regulus’s didn't know what to feel. He just couldn’t place it why he was feeling like this. It was wrong yet he didn't want anything more than to be in Evelyn's place in Athanasios lap while he also wanted to be the one kissing Evelyn comforting her holding her close to his chest.

Regulus was in a dilemma, he just wanted to bang his head against the wall. He was a genius yet he couldn't understand for whom did his heart beat this fast?

Athanasios or Evelyn?