Chapter 18

Lexi scanned her surroundings as she tried her best to catch her breath. Both her and Isaac's clothes and underwear were scattered about the bedroom in every single direction. The black cotton bed sheets clung to her now sweaty skin, but she didn't mind one bit. She looked over to Isaac, who also appeared worn out by what had just transpired between them.

"That was so amazing," Lexi remarked in an out of breath manner. She pushed some of her hair off her face that had stuck to her sweaty forehead.

Isaac looked down at her with a grin. "It really was. God, that felt so damn good."

Lexi rolled over so that she was looking into his dark brown eyes. Her bare breasts made contact with his equally bare chest as she kissed his jaw a couple of times. She then kissed his lips a few times. She rested one elbow on a pillow while her other hand played with Isaac's messy hair.

"You made me feel so good, baby. I'm so glad that we finally slept together," she said. "I still feel bad that I made you wait so long."

"No, please don't feel bad about that," Isaac replied. He paused long enough to kiss her on the lips. "It was worth the wait. Please believe me, babe."

Lexi nodded before she began kissing him again. Isaac pulled her on top of his body as they continued making out intensely. His arms wrapped around her bare back while she was leaned in close to his face. Her hands rested on his shoulders to keep her from losing her balance and falling on him. Once they broke apart, Lexi and Isaac locked eyes.

"I love you so much, Lexi."

"I love you too, Isaac. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life."

Isaac's small grin turned into a full-blown smile. "I feel the same way, to be honest."

"Happy anniversary, baby."

"Happy anniversary. Here's to many more years."

The last remark made Lexi smile wide. "I like the sound of that."

She then got off Isaac and lied down right beside him. She rested her head on his chest right near his heart. His steady heartbeat was all she could focus on once she closed her eyes. It made her feel safe and secure, as well as loved by her boyfriend. Even though everything in her life wasn't perfect, this moment— lying beside Isaac after a great date and even better sex— was perfect. It felt so perfect that Lexi didn't want to close her eyes and fall asleep. She wanted to stay awake and savour this single moment forever. It wasn't possible, of course— but she wanted to try even just a little bit.

"Goodnight, Lexi."

"Goodnight, Isaac. Thank you for everything, by the way."

"Of course. Anything for you, babe."

Lexi looked up just long enough for her and Isaac to share one more kiss. She then rested her head back on his chest before finally trying to fall asleep.

Tonight really couldn't have gone any better, she thought. I'm so, so glad that we finally slept together. I don't want this feeling to ever go away.

***

Cassie woke up later than expected the next morning. Fortunately, it didn't matter too much because it was now Saturday. She decided to take her time showering and getting ready for the day. After all, there wasn't anywhere important she needed to be today. She made herself some coffee after her shower and began enjoying it while sitting on the living room couch. She hadn't even bothered to change out of her pyjamas— black flannel pants and a hot pink baggy T-shirt— as her wet dark brown hair air-dried.