Chapter 4

The next couple of weeks into the first semester kept all New York University students quite busy. Students were preoccupied with readings, lectures, and figuring out their assignments and upcoming tests. It was a lot to take in, but everyone was able to focus on school in little to no time.

Lexi finished up her classes one sunny Thursday and left the building where she'd had her last class. She began to walk back to her place when her phone suddenly went off. She grabbed it to find that she'd received a text from her favourite person.

Isaac: Hey, wanna come over tonight? Felipe and DeShawn aren't here, so I have the whole place to myself.

Lexi: Yeah, sure! I'll be there in half an hour.

With an extra pep in her step, Lexi made the brief walk home to her place. She dropped off some items she didn't need and grabbed the items she did need.

Will I be staying the night at Isaac's place? I don't want to assume that I will be, she thought. Then again, it's better to be prepared in case it happens.

Lexi decided on a whim to pack some toiletries, an extra set of clothes, a nightgown, and her phone and laptop chargers into a large black tote bag. She then fixed her hair and touched up her makeup before examining herself in the mirror. She was currently wearing a black tank top, white denim short shorts, and a pair of black sandals. A small sigh escaped her lips as she stared into her reflection.

This will have to do, she thought.

She collected her belongings and left her apartment, making sure to lock the front door. She quickly sent Nikita a text to inform her of her whereabouts.

Lexi: Hey, I'll be at Isaac's for a while. I don't know how long I'll be.

It didn't take too long for Lexi to make it to Isaac's apartment. She knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. She only had to wait less than a minute for Isaac to do exactly that.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey!" Lexi exclaimed as the couple hugged.

Isaac let her in, and they sat down on the couch. Lexi set her bag down on the ground and settled into her seat.

"So, how have things been?" Isaac asked.

"Things have been good," Lexi answered. "My classes have been going well so far, and I'm back to work at Barnes & Noble. I only work a few shifts here and there, but it's still something. So needless to say, I'm quite busy. But I'll always make time for you, babe."

Isaac chuckled. "Well, thank you. I'm glad to hear that."

"Thanks," Lexi said. "How about you, though? How's school been for you?"

"It's been good so far! My classes haven't been easy, I'm not gonna lie. But I'm managing as best I can."

"Well, I'd offer to help you out, but I don't think I'd be much help."

Again, Isaac chuckled. "Thanks for the offer, though. I appreciate it."

"Of course," Lexi laughed.

She suddenly straddled Isaac's lap before giving him a tender kiss on his lips. Isaac wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tight. He pulled her in as they continued to kiss. Lexi held Isaac's face with her hands, as if to keep him in place. Eventually, the make out session ended with the couple resting their foreheads together for just a moment.

"God, it feels so good to kiss you," Isaac remarked.

"I love this," Lexi said. "I love spending time with you."