Chapter 5

Kara is the first to stir. Light trickles through the blinds, and it takes a moment to remember where she is. She feels a warm weight on her legs, and she feels her head moving ever so slightly up and down with someone's breath. She looks up and smiles to herself. Lena's back is flat on the bed with Kara using her chest as a pillow. The blonde's arm is curled onto the doctor's stomach with the doctor's hips twisted onto the side so that one of her long legs is draped over top of Kara's. Lena's arms are wrapped around her waist comfortingly. She can feels Lena's breath on her face while she silently studies the woman. Lena looks more relaxed than ever in her sleep. Her puffy lips are slightly parted with the faintest of snores with each inhale. Kara has a strong desire to feel them.

That thought jars the blonde. She wants to feel Lena's lips with her own. While Kara primarily identifies as pansexual, she also considers herself demisexual. She hasn't had much experience in her love life because it usually winds up annoying her potential partners. Everyone is always in such a rush to have sex, and Kara just can't feel that attraction until she knows them better. She knew the first day in the office that Lena was a beautiful woman, but she didn't feel the need to kiss her - at least, at that point in time. But now, now, that attraction hits Kara like a ton of bricks.

Kara's attention snaps back to reality as Lena lets out the most adorable little groan and stretch as she rejoins consciousness. The reporter will analyze her feelings later when she alone. In this moment, she is going to bask in the softest of the doctor. Blue eyes watch with rapt attention as those dark eyelashes flutter right before those gorgeous green eyes peek out. Kara can mark the singular moment when Lena becomes aware of who is in her arms. Her eyes brighten. Creases form at the corners of her eyes as she smiles softly. And that morning voice - oh that raspy, deep morning voice - has Kara's ears tingling.

"How long have you been up?"

In a small voice, Kara whispers, "Not long."

Lena finally takes stock of how they are laying. Her pale cheeks flush at the level of intimacy. When she mutters and apology and starts to move her leg and unwrap her arms from Kara's waist, the blonde whimpers quietly and presses herself further into the raven-haired beauty. Lena freezes. Her brow pinches in concern. Before she can ask what is wrong, Kara whispers in a broken voice, "Please. Just a few more minutes."

The doctor is quick to wrap herself more fully around the woman. She pulls her to lay on top, slotted between her legs. Lena can barely resist kissing the top of her head, so instead she just mutters, "We can stay here for as long as you would like, darling."

Kara buries her face into the chest beneath her. She feels simultaneously embarrassed and greatly comforted. She blushes when she hears the tenderness in the doctor's words. They lay in silence for the longest time, drawing comfort from each other. Kara can hear the steady heartbeat beneath her and feel the warm breath on the top of her head. In this new position, she moves her hands along Lena's waist mindlessly. She's not even fully aware that she is doing it. When her fingers prod just over her ribs, she is suddenly jostled violently.

Lena bursts into laughter at the unexpected ticklish sensation on her sides. She squeezes the blonde tighter in an effort to get her to stop. Kara is stunned motionless. She looks up and sees the absolute joy on Lena's face. She smiles to herself to see the woman look so happy and unencumbered.

"Sorry, darling. You hit a ticklish spot," Lena chuckles lightly as she regains control.

Kara waits a moment. She waits for those green eyes to meet hers. The moment they do, Kara pokes at the sensitive spot that she just discovered. Lena bucks in response with a full bodied laugh. Kara giggles at the sight. She doesn't want to end, so she keeps tickling her.