Chapter 18: Tearful Smiles and Hugs

Hi! So I'm on spring break right now. I finally get a break. Since I'm on vacation, I can work on this story and maybe add in a few chapters. No promises though because I kind of want to catch up/finish all of my assignments.

New episode of Fairy Tail also came out. Really excited for that too. The opening gave me a lot of feels though and I'm not ready for my emotional roller coaster. I just have mixed feelings all the time when it comes to Fairy Tail.

Anyways, here's another chapter of Lost Christmas. Enjoy!

🌸Cat🌸

I dedicate this chapter to FAB_FALLEN_FAIRIES.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Lucy..." Luna whispered softly as tears streamed down her face. She suddenly heard footsteps passing by her, making the star look up.

"Happy, what are you doing?" The star asked the exceed, only to be ignored by him. Happy just kept on walking until he reached the edge of the broken rock bridge. Once he was there, the exceed sprouted his wings. Luna's eyes widened as realization hits her.

"Happy, you can't fly in this area! Don't even think about doing that!" Luna desperately pleaded. Despite her plead, Happy jumped and prepared to dive down the trench.

"No!!!" Luna screamed and rushed over to the edge. She was lucky enough to grab the exceed and drag him back to safety. Luna pinned him down so he wouldn't escape.

"Luna let go of me." Happy ordered the star as he struggled to get out.

"I can't let you do something so stupid!" Luna cried out.

"But I have to save them!" Happy's voice at that time made Luna flinch. He noticed this and apologized to the star.

When she saw that Happy was calm enough, she released him. Instead of attempting to dive again, Happy just made his wings disappear and then sat up. His gaze slowly shifted to the ground. Luna noticed the tears landing on the snow.

She worriedly looked at the exceed. Sadness and despair written all over his face as millions of tears continuously fell as if it was a rainstorm. What saddens Luna the most is the exceed's desperation as he hung on to that last string of hope; still believing that everything is going to be alright.

"I...I just...I can't take this anymore! First I lost Natsu and now I lost Lucy. Two of my best friends who I love so much are now gone forever! I don't even know what to do without them in my life!" Happy cried his heart out.

"I guess we'll never find out." Happy and Luna froze at the sound of another voice. Both of them looked up; eyes widening at that moment. Standing right in front of them was none other than Natsu himself and Lucy, who was being carried by the said dragon slayer.

"Natsu...Lucy..." More tears were coming as Happy said their names slowly.

"Hey everyone," Natsu said happily.

Happy and Luna rushed over to the two tackled the dragon slayer, bringing him and Lucy down.

"Good to see you guys again," Natsu smiled as he rubbed Happy and Luna's heads. Luna smiled and gave the dragon slayer a hug.

"Welcome back..." Happy said with a smile as tears rolled down his face.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"So, Natsu Dragneel was alive after all," Ayame calmly said as she observed her lacrima.

"Nee-san, how can you be so calm?! Do you know what will happen if those people manage to get here?!" Frost questioned his sister. He was furious with the fact that Fairy Tail not only survived again, but his sister was so calm about it.

"Frost, your clothes," Ayame pointed out without even looking at him. The white-haired boy looked down to see his clothes lying on the floor.

"Dammit! Why does this keep happening?" Frost started to dress himself as he cursed every few seconds.

Ayame just ignored her brother as he rants to hisself. She reached into her jacket and pulled out a necklace with a medium-sized pendant. The girl opened it up, revealing an old picture.

There was a younger version of Frost and Ayame. Both of them were being carried by two other people. A woman with long, white hair and blue eyes was carrying Frost. A man with white, spiky hair and blue eyes was carrying Ayame. All four of them were smiling and looking so happy.

Ayame softly smiled as she gently caressed the picture. Frost noticed what Ayame was looking at and walked up to her.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes Frost, it's our family picture."

Frost dug into his pocket and grabbed his locket as well. He opened it up, revealing the same photograph.

"Mom...Dad..." Frost sadly whispered as he gazed at the picture.

The white-haired boy suddenly heard a sniffling sound, which snapped him out of his gaze. He looked at his sister to see her sadly smiling while tears were falling down her face and onto the picture.

"Nee-san..." Frost worriedly said. Ayame wiped away her tears and smiled.

"It's okay Frost. I just had a feeling of nostalgia for a second. You don't have to say anything," the white-haired girl reassured her brother.

Ayame suddenly felt two arms wrap around her. She looked up to see Frost looking straight ahead with a serious expression.

"Don't worry nee-san. We'll do whatever it takes to bring them back." Frost brought his sister closer and tightened his grip on his locket.

"Yeah..." Ayame responded after a few seconds as she returned the hug. She looked at her family picture one more time and then clutched her locket.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Celestial Healing!" Millions of little stars circulated around everyone, emitting a golden glow. After a few seconds, all of the stars dispersed. Luna stumbled a little bit, which worried Natsu and Happy, but she reassured them that she was fine.

Happy started to stretch his muscles out. "Ah I feel so refreshed."

"Arigatou Luna!" Natsu told the star, who just nodded right after.

"By the way Natsu, how did you survive that fall?" asked Luna.

"I'm curious about that as well," said Happy.

Before Natsu could even answer, he felt Lucy stir in his arms. Happy and Luna noticed this too and brushed off their question. Everyone was now silent as they waited for the girl's eyes to open.

Lucy slowly opened her eyes and the first thing, or people, she sees are Happy and Luna.

"Hey..." Lucy greeted Happy and Luna.

"Lucy!" Happy and Luna tackled the celestial spirit mage.

"It's nice to see you two again," Lucy told the exceed and star as she hugged them.

"Lucy, look who's back as well," Happy pointed out with excitement.

"What do you--" Lucy didn't finish what she had to say as her eyes met up with a pair of onyx eyes. 'It wasn't a dream...'

"Natsu..." Lucy softly whispered.

Natsu just smiled at her. "Yo..."

Tears started welling up in her eyes as she looked at the dragon slayer. Without warning, Lucy suddenly wrapped her arms around Natsu's neck and pulled him into a hug. Natsu was surprised at first, but he slowly returned the hug after a few seconds.

Happy and Luna smiled at Natsu and Lucy as they watched the two reunite once again.