|| E L E V E N ||

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I could hear myself whisper, completely mesmerized by his voice.

"Yes?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good girl." I could feel myself flush at the praise, could feel the heat bloom in my cheeks down to my chest. Internally I could hear myself screaming, begging for me to keep doing whatever he asked so that he'd say that to me again and again. It both scared and excited me to think that there may not be a limit to what I would do for him to call me his good girl again.

*

With the mild weather, I decided to take my time and walk down to La Condamine Market, taking the opportunity to experience the area. When I turned the corner, I could spot the trademark red marquee tops with yellow stripes. Even in the middle of the week, tourists and locals alike milled around the market, either exploring like me or going about their weekly shop.

"Alex! Over here!"

I turned to the source of the voice and smiled at the excited brunette waving at me.

"Hello!" I rushed over to give her a hug, "Look, we total match!"

Completely unplanned, we'd both showed up in denim jeans, a white shirt (she was in a crop top, I'm wearing Toto's white button-down), black boots, and black jackets. She had squealed in excitement and twirled me around before enveloping me in another hug.

We walked through the market together, arm in arm, tasting various morsels on offer before filling up a bag full of delicious finger foods. Our walk took us down to the same harbour I had watched over this morning, and we'd raced to a bench where we spread our lunch options between us.

"So," she started, between mouthfuls of meat and cheese, "that's a nice shirt you're wearing."

I raised an eyebrow at her and sipped at my juice, "yes, it's comfortable..."

"It's a man's shirt."

".... Yes."

"So, you're here with your boy!" Charlotte proclaimed excitedly.

"I mean, more a man than a boy, but yes." I nodded. I avoided her gaze as I built myself a mouth full; a slice of bread, some cheese, and some meat. I busied myself with stuffing my face and chewing on the crusty bit of bread when she slapped me on the arm.

"Oi, spill, you haven't told us who it is yet!"

"Ow!" I swatted at her hand and laughed, "Cha, I can't yet! It's complicated, but maybe soon!"

"How long has it been?"

"Hmm," I thought back to when Toto first kissed me. Would that kiss in my office at the FOG motorhome count? Or my hotel room in Bahrain? Either way. "Since the start of the season, so not long."

Charlotte wiggled her eyebrows, "is it one of the drivers?"

I shook my head, giving her a secret smile.

Suddenly her face changed from a playful one to one of concern, "Is he married? Is this why you can't say anything yet"

I just nodded, "well, they're separated but they're both public figures so they're not ready to go public yet." I'd never admitted it to Toto but keeping things on the down-low has worked in my favour as well. Dating an older man is one thing, dating your father's friend is another, and dating your father's friend after everything that your father thinks of you? Well. That's a completely different story altogether.

"Well, babe, I just don't want you to get hurt. You look really happy, but I don't want some guy to string you along with empty promises, you know?"

I smiled brightly at Charlotte and grabbed her hand, squeezing it tightly. "I know, thank you."

She reciprocated the gesture and we continued eating. Charlotte's concern for me really warmed my heart. Like with the boys, I was happy that my journey with Formula One was giving me not just opportunities to advance my career, but also opportunities for deep and worthwhile friendships. I had no doubt that Isa would react with the same concern that Charlotte had just shown me. Me! The girl she's known all of 2 weeks!

But as happy as this feeling of sisterhood made me, her voice just kept repeating in my mind, asking if he was married, saying that she doesn't want me to be strung along.

*

I was still chewing on that little tit-bit from Charlotte when I returned to the apartment. Walking in, I was immediately hit in the face with the most mouth-watering aromas. I could smell caramelizing onions, the tell-tale sweet and savoury hint of garlic cream, and weirdly enough, a punch of bitter chocolate in the air.

"Toto? Oh, hello!" I walked into the open plan living room and stopped short at the stranger dressed in chef's clothes, busy with his collection of pans on the stovetop.

The chef looked up and waved at me, "Bonjour, miss!"

"Hey, darling!" Toto emerged from the study and gestured for me to join him.

He pecked me quickly on the lips and took my shopping bags off of me. "What's going on out there?" I nodded in the direction of the kitchen.

"I felt bad that I haven't taken you out on a proper date yet and since we're not ready to take this relationship public, I thought I would bring a date here."

"Oh," I kept my expression neutral, but Charlotte's words whispered in my ears again.

Toto didn't seem to have noticed the change in my demeanour but kissed me again and lead me into the bedroom. "Dinner will be ready in an hour, love, why don't you draw yourself a bath to relax. I'll get you when the first course is ready,"

He left me to my own devices with my numerous shopping bags and my thoughts. As I stepped into the hot bath, my mind went into overdrive again. Was Toto serious about me, about us, or is he just stringing me along until he got what he wanted? What every man wanted? Surely if he wasn't serious about our relationship, he wouldn't be so patient, so gentle, or so protective over me. Then again, James was also gentle and patient with me, until he wasn't.

I looked around the large, marbled bathroom and the deep luxurious tub I was sitting in and reflected further to the beautiful apartment just outside the doors. My mind wandered to Toto's mention of purchasing a property in Brackley to be closer to me. Am I to be his kept woman, hiding in his beautiful properties, to keep him company no matter where in the world we travel to? It's obviously convenient since we both would travel with the circus together, save him the trouble of a lady in each port.

Was I overthinking this?

What if Toto actually did want me? That he hasn't been lying and he wants me. Me?! What could he see in me, surely he was blinded by my low cut bodysuit and he was sorely mistaken. What would a successful, well-established man like Toto Wolff, want anything to do with a mess like me?

By the time I was dressed and sitting in the cushion reading nook in the bedroom window, I had worked myself into a frenzy. I'm sure whatever lipstick I had applied was already chewed off, and my fingers, well, I don't even want to look at them.

There was a knock on the door. "The chef is ready for us," Toto's smooth voice drifted through the door.

"Oh. Okay. I'm coming!" 

*

A/N: Ooooh I wonder how dinner will go? Should Alex confront him with all these feelings? 

I should have another chapter ready tomorrow - I'm publishing as I write! I have so many ideas that need to get typed up so I hope you're all as excited as I am to see this story take shape. 

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and ate way too much, like me! 

Yes, Daddy | A Formula 1 Fan Fiction | Toto WolffOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara