||I'm sorry||

• car accident
• baby au

Jughead and Betty were a beautiful couple in High School. Stuff was going great. Even when everyone found out that Betty was pregnant. But that was before college started.

College changed everything.

Betty was in New York, Jughead in Iowa. 16 hours of distance, if the traffic was low. They didn't see one another much. But because Jughead was barely able to see his daughter, the both of them decided to let him have a father daughter trip every now and then.  Just a weekend, when Betty had a short day and drove over, so that Jughead could have have her too.

Betty missed her, of course she did. But she knee that Jughead missed both of them for a way longer time. So she got over the weekend every time.

"Lily, where is your shoe?" Jughead asked, looking around the cramped apartment, looking under some magazines and old drafts, pushing away some clothes.

"I can't find it. Where did you hide it? I know that you don't want to leave daddy but mommy wants you home again" he said, even though he knew that lily didn't understand him. She wasn't even one yet.

Finally he had found it.

After that, it wasn't even another five minutes until Jughead was in the car, on his way to New York. He would drive through and then sleep at their apartment before going back the next day.

Or well, that was the plan.

It didn't go like that though. He wasn't too far from New York anymore when he got forced off of the road. It was already dark, maybe that's why he only saw the deer so late. Trying to steer out of the way, he almost collided with another car and had to turn the car.

The next thing that he knew was that his head was throbbing. Lily was crying. Probably. He didn't know for sure. The light hurt in his eyes and he closed them again, another wave of pain finally knocking him out.

"Hello, sir, you need to wake up" someone shook him. It hurt. Lily was still crying. He needed to go to her. But he couldn't even open his eyes. But, He needed to calm her down. She shouldn't cry. Everything was okay.

What even happened?

"His saturation is going down!"

No not no.

Everything was going to be okay.

He just needed to calm Lily.

He needed to-

He... just... needed... to...

Betty's was doing cleaning, a habit that she picked up whenever Lily was gone with Jughead. At least until her phone vibrated. At first she wasn't going to answer it because it was an unknown number, but then he nevertheless agreed. Maybe it was Jughead, calling from somewhere on the rode and telling her that he ran out of gas and is going to be late.

Who knows?

"Hello?" she asked "Who's there?"

"Good evening, am I talking to Betty Cooper?" definitely not Jughead. That was definitely not Jughead.

"Yes?"

"I'm calling from the Hazelton General Hospital. A few minutes prior a Forsythe Pendleton Jughead Jones and a baby were admitted here after a car accident"

"W...What...? Are they- Are they okay?"

"It's nothing life threatening as far as I'm aware at the moment. However, we would appreciate it, if you could come to the hospital"