Christmas

It had been an awkward weekend. The whole school, apart from the teachers, were convinced Harry was the Heir of Slytherin. He had been the first to discover the latest victims, Nearly Headless Nick, Lady Fraser and Justin Finch-Fletchley, after following the snake voice again. Of course he was caught at the scene by Filch.

The majority of students avoided him like the plague, his friendship group though stood by him of course. Y/N was quick to visit Lady Fraser, feeling distraught by her situation. Maddy Pomfrey assured him that once the Mandrake Potion was completed it could be administered to ghosts as well as people. He felt a great sense of relief.

It had been advised for students to not wander alone so for the weekend it was common place to see groups of 10-20 students scurrying across the corridors, jumping at the slightest noise. Many had been relieved to get the train back to London Monday morning for the Christmas holidays.

—~—

Y/N and Hermione were currently sitting in the potions classroom with Professor Snape and he was evaluating Hermione's occlumency shield. He pointed his wand at her:

Legilimens

Hermione felt the intense pressure of someone attacking her mind. She closed her eyes and put all her effort into imagining a wall around her, just like Y/N had taught her. After 20 seconds Severus stopped and smiled:

"Well done Ms. Granger, you have a very good beginners level shield. You will need to continue to work with Y/N, but you are far, far more advanced than the vast majority of even NEWT level students.

Hermione smiled widely at Y/N with a blush as she replied:

"Well I had a great teacher."

They got up to leave after concluding their session and thanking Snape. He called to them as they left:

"Stay safe and take care. Both of you".

They met up with Harry and Ron in the Great Hall.

"Everything is set. We just need a bit of the people you're changing into" Hermione told the boys.

"Crabb and Goyle" Harry confirmed and Hermione nodded.

"We also need to make sure the real Crabb and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy" Hermione added.

"That's where I come in" Y/N smirked.

Harry and Ron both grew nervous looks as Y/N grinned evilly. Hermione smacked him on the back of the head.

"Y/N will be putting them to sleep with an enchanted sleep spell won't you Y/N!"

Hermione glared at him and Y/N looked down, muttering:

"Yes boss."

Hermione nodded. After what happened the last time Y/N had been in a physical altercation with the pair there was no way she would let him do it again.

"When I drop them they will be out for 12 hours. We're gonna do it after Christmas lunch. The way they pig out no one would be surprised if they fall into a food coma" Y/N chuckled.

"Then I'll watch them until you get back, hide them in a broom closet or something."

"What about you Hermione?" Ron asked.