Death of a Monster

Y/N could feel the poison working it's way up through his body. It was an intense burning like nothing he had felt before. Even for him, with his threshold, it was agony.

Y/N managed to slowly make his way down from the giant stone head but dropped to his knees in pain as he reached the floor of the Chamber. He heard Tom cackling and mocking behind him:

"Funny isn't it, how fast the venom of the Basilisk works. I'd say you have a minute. Then you die. Then Ginny dies. Then I return."

Y/N looked up at Harry and Ginny. He could see the look of fear on Harry's face. Y/N pushed himself to his feet but was levitated up and thrown to his left, smashing back first into the boulders leading up to Salazar's stone head before crashing hard to the stone floor.

He didn't have time to worry about the agonising pain in his back and hips as he was struck from behind with spell after spell, some cutting deep into the flesh of his back, others were clearly cruciatis curses.

Y/N edged towards Harry and Ginny as his torturer laughed and cackled, Y/N feeling the world going darker as the venom took hold. Tom laughed loudly:

"You're going to die Y/N! Don't worry, when I return I'll go take special care of that little Mudblood!"

Y/N reached a crying Harry and looked at the Diary, an idea crossing his mind. Basilisk venom kills anything right?

He suddenly grabbed the Diary and ripped the Basilisk fang from his arm. Tom roared:

"Stop! What are you-"

He was cut off and screamed as Y/N rammed the Basilisk fang into a page from the diary. Black thick blood oozed from the book as Tom screamed in pain, his abdomen exploding in a bright light. Y/N chuckled:

"If I'm dying you are too. See you in hell, cunt!"

He stabbed on another page, Tom screaming in agony as he grabbed his face, which also exploded in light

He stabbed on another page, Tom screaming in agony as he grabbed his face, which also exploded in light. Y/N closed the diary, and with all his remaining strength stabbed the front cover. Tom screamed again before exploding in light, illuminating the whole hall before it returned to its prior eerie torchlit glow. Y/N collapsed to his side, rolling onto his back as he felt his strength leave him and everything began to get dark.

Ginny shot up wirh a gasp, looking around and inhaling deeply. He eyes landed on Harry:

"Harry it was me who opened the Chamber. I didn't mean to but-"

She looked over and saw Y/N laying there. He was bruised and bleeding heavily from his arm. His skin had began to turn grey. Ginny sobbed in horror:

"Y/N... Y/N no...???"

"It's ok Gin-Gin. It's ok" Y/N smiled with some effort. His eyes began to lose their shine and go dull as he lost the feeling in his arms and legs. Ginny crawled over and hugged him tight as she sobbed.