[1]

(Finnick's POV)

"What are you trying to say?"

"Finnick she knew what she was getting into....we all did...the plan wa-" Haymitch spoke straightforwardly.

He was edging closer towards me a hint of remorse plastered across his face.

"Don't tell me what the plan was, if you haven't already noticed it didn't go according to plan..."

Both Haymitch and Plutarch were stood around the large table watching me cautiously.

I'd woken up earlier and proceeded to make my way to the front of the hovercraft to be greeted with both Haymitch and Plutarch Heavensbee.

They'd been discussing our arrival to District 13 and reciting my new role in the revolution before I'd asked where Danielle was, considering I'd woken up in the same room as Katniss and Beetee; I had wondered why the others weren't there.

"Finnick, Katniss has been our mission from the beginning; you of all people knew what this meant. Everyone in on it was fully aware of the importance and Dani-"

"Where is she?" I spoke not really listening to anything else they had to say.

At this moment in time I didn't care about the Rebellion or anything remotely similar, I wanted to know where Danielle was.

She is all that matters to me.

She is the first and last thing I think about each and every day.

I would do anything for her.

My love for her is endless.

"Finnick...." Haymitch spoke with hesitation.

"Just tell me where she is!?" I began to raise my voice; if anything was to happen to her I would never forgive myself.

"Finnick...Danielle is in the capitol..."Haymitch said sincerely.

"What..."

"Finnick Danielle is in the Capitol along with Peeta and Johanna..." Plutarch answered strongly, a trace of pity flashing across his face before vanishing as quickly as it appeared.

"What do you mean...she's in the Capitol?" I spoke indistinctly.

"We couldn't get her out in time..." Haymitch said sorrowfully.

"We couldn't get any of them out in time...It was too risky" Plutarch said, matter-of-factly.

"SO YOU JUST LEFT HER THERE?!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT SNOW COULD DO WITH HER?!!?? WITH ANY OF THEM?!!!??" I shouted questionably, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They left Dani there...

They left my Danielle there.

In the hands of President Snow.

"Finnick...As soon as we get to District 13 I'm sure we can arrange a rescue but right now we need everyone we can get in ord-" Plutarch tried to reason.

"What about Peeta??" I spoke directly, earning an uneasy glance from Haymitch.

"Finnick's right.....she's going to lose it when she finds out about the boy..." Haymitch spoke honestly.

"She'll still cooperate though..."
Plutarch answered unaffectedly.

"Without Peeta there's no way..."

"Just tell her when-" I spoke before the door opened.

"Morning Sweetheart" Haymitch spoke responsively towards Katniss who was stood in front of the door way a syringe planted firmly in her hand.

Katniss' eyes looked pass Haymitch and over both myself and Plutarch, a look of both betrayal and blame evident.

I felt guilty that we hadn't told her about the rebellion but it was safer that way. Although, she must think I mislead her and broke the little trust we managed to build.

Everything should become clearer once we reach District 13.....for the both of us.

All of a sudden Katniss launched herself at Haymitch, the syringe pointed directly at him.

Haymitch pushed her against the wall holding onto her arms as he did.

"What are you doing with them?" She spat at him venomously, confusion prominent as she struggled against his grip on her arms.

"You and a syringe against the Capitol, see this is why no one lets you make the plans" Haymitch answered sarcastically.

"What the hell are you doing in here!?" She asked looking over at me quizzically.

"Stop. Stop. Just listen..." I began to answer trying to explain myself, before Haymitch spoke out again.

"We couldn't tell you with Snow watching you, it was too risky...better for you to know nothing" he explained to her.

She pushed him away as she looked around at everyone once again.

"Where's Peeta?"

"Right Katniss, you have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was always to get you out."

She looked round bewildered before looking at Plutarch.

"Half the tributes were in on it, this is the revolution and you are the Mockingjay. And were on our way to District 13 right now"

"Thirteen" she asked confused.

"Thirteen, yes" Plutarch said approaching her carefully.

"Where's Peeta?" She asked again.

I stood at the head of the table my hand placed on the bridge of my nose.

Someone needs to answer her.

She needs to know.

Haymitch turned around to face her and began to explain.

"He still has his tracker in his arm, Johanna cut yours out"

"Where is he?"

"In the Capitol...They got him, Johanna and Danielle." He spoke moving towards her.

Katniss looked at me briefly before realisation of what she just heard truly settled in.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH" She yelled at Haymitch smacking him across the face.

He fought against her hitting and punching allowing Plutarch to inject her with something that probably forced her to sleep.

"You son of a... You promised me you would save him over me!" As her anger began to subside, her voice became quieter as she began to cry and the effects of the injection set in.

"You're a liar. You're a liar." She cried out softly as Haymitch laid her down on the floor, the drugs now fully kicked in.

Haymitch carried her limp body out of the room; with the help of Plutarch and back into where I presumed we had both woken up in.

As the doors closed behind them, I finally allowed myself to acknowledge what had happened and the fact she was gone.

Danielle was gone.

She was in the Capitol.

President Snow had won.

He has taken away everything I ever cared about.

My Parents.

Mags.

And now Danielle.

Anger consumed me as I threw the nearest object to me at the wall letting out a cry of frustration, guilt and complete sadness as I watched it shatter.

Pulling the rope out from around my neck I began to tie it in knots, each one more difficult then the next.

Silent tears stained the rope as I thought about my one true love.

I let this happen.

I promised I would protect her.

I broke that promise.