Tonight We Strike

Start from the beginning

The other timelines may as well have been ants compared to the giant this timeline. It was like finding out the true size of the sun for the first time, the sheer scale was something truly beyond anything you can ever hope to think of.

"So, how does this whole, force entry to it from the void thing work exactly?" Killer asked. "Like, do we have to go to the void or something?"

"No, luckily you don't." Fatal explained, staring intently at the hologram, "You see, CORE Frisk has developed a sort of security system to control who gets in and out of the Omega Timeline. A system that's managed from an area near the capital, 'Central Control' it's called."

"Mhm, that blasted thing was what stopped Error from being able to get rid of them last time. The magic of Ink and Dream reinforces it, there's no way he could hope to overpower it on his own." Nightmare muttered bitterly.

"The Omega Timeline is the most well-defended Timeline in the entirety of the Multiverse. Not even the Doodle Sphere has its kind of security." Fatal crossed his arms, staring at the map. "Without Chasm's help, we never would've been able to get in."

"Speaking of him," Horror murmured, "Shouldn't he be back by now? Doesn't the void speed up healing?"

"Hmmm, perhaps I'll have to message him-" Nightmare started before a portal suddenly opened up, and disheveled but much more energized Chasm walked through.

"Sorry, I'm late," He excused himself, "Did I miss anything?"

"Oh, not much," Chaos snarked, "Just the biggest mission any of us are going to embark on, one that specifically needs YOUR help to happen."

Chasm winced, stepping back a little. it's clear Chaos still was mad.

"Knock it off, now's not the time for infighting," Fatal said sternly. Chaos just huffed, while Chasm merely looked away, unwilling to make eye contact. Nightmare just sighed, it was a shame that Ziara was busy with other matters, otherwise this conflict would've been resolved by now.

"A-anyway, what do you need done?" Chasm asked.

"We need you to use your little charm to bind the Omega Timeline through the void. And after that, make a gateway to it." Nightmare summarized, "and after that, it'll be up to us to physically destroy the timeline."

"Wait, wait, wait, you want me to do all of that...?" Chasam squeaked out, "I-I don't even know how this charm thing works!"

"It's like using magic," Fatal interjected, "Trust me, you'll know."

"I...okay, what after that?"

"After that, we, and the Charas are going to be launching a joint attack on the Omega Timeline." Nightmare elaborated, "We need to be quick and efficient because we're likely going to encounter the council of Judges."

A silence suddenly came over the room as the sheer weight of this operation dawned on them. They were going to be challenging an order that has existed ever since the birth of the Multiverse, they were going to defy the course that this Multiverse was on.

There wasn't even a guarantee they'd succeed this time, the opponent was so much stronger than them, with far many more resources.

And yet, there was a shared sentiment between everyone in the room. From Gods to monsters and everyone in between.

They had to at least try.

So they planned, and Chasm swallowed down the nervousness in his gut as the time of the attack slowly dawned closer.

~

"What do you want?" Chaos glowered as Chasm approached her. Even if she did feel bad for how she wrecked him, she still didn't want to talk to him right now.