I rummaged through my shelves before pulling out a small notebook. I took a deep breath before opening it. Flipping through a couple of pages, I found the number I wanted. I clicked the numbers on my phone and pulled it to my ear.

"Hello?" Her voice asked. “Delia speaking; who’s there?”

“It's Prince Demetri Arch here" I said lowly and I could hear her chuckle.

"Hello there, Demetri; you sound pretty desperate. Who’s place this time?" She laughed and I could hear her grabbing her coat. "My place is a little packed—I’m having some friends over. But they’ll understand if I say I have… things to settle.”

"Mine.” I said curtly, before closing my eyes as I ended the call. before closing my phone.

I didn’t want to it… but… too late to regret now, isn’t it?

Rosemarie's POV

I sat alone in my room, my guitar sitting on my lap, untouched. Bryan had already left and had promised to Skype me when he got there. For some reasons, I didn’t have the mood to play the guitar. I had this gut feeling like… like something is about to go wrong. I shook my head. It was probably just due to the fact that I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep—the result of almost pulling an all-nighter with Lily and Dana, watching Twilight saga movies back-to-back the night before.

Or, maybe it was just because I skipped breakfast and was hungry as hell.

I went over to the kitchen and decided to make something. A simple bowl of mushroom soup could do. As I poured the contents of the tin can into a bowl I suddenly gasp and clutched my lower abdomen. I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach, and like the bones of my legs were breaking.I limped my way to the couch and plopped onto it. It only seemed to make it worse. I raced into my room and stripped out of my clothes.

Opening the tap of my bathtub and turning it to warm, I felt like a car had just fell on me. I jumped into the tub of luke warm water and shivered. The pain didn’t seem to go way. A drop of tear leaked out at the corner of my eye, the excruciating pain killing me inside. I wanted to scream and cry for help. But it was too late now.

I was already slowly losing my consciousness, and I soon found myself consumed by darkness.

Demetri’s Point of View

I pulled up my jeans as Dalia scrambled into her tight-fitting jeggings. She sighed and smiled weakly at me. “You okay?” I asked awkwardly as I clasped on my belt.

"Yeah," She dismissed me. "It's just, lately, whenever I’m just simply screwing around with people… my mind drifts off to my soul mate. I haven't found him yet, but hopefully, I will. I just think of the pain he must be suffering through."

I suddenly paled and realized what I had just done. I groaned and face-palmed myself. Shit… Stupid me… I’d forgotten about Lily! Oh God… I imagined the pain she must’ve been feeling and I bit my lip, wincing.

"Go to the guestroom and take a nap. I bet you’re tired. And, here,” I said, throwing her a stack of American dollars.

She gasped, “Oh, Prince! I can't take any of these from you. Plus, I don’t need it!" Dalia said, pushing the stack of cash away. I rolled my eyes.

"Take it. Please. You don't want a prince to go on his knees and beg you, right?" I asked. She quickly shook her head and hesitantly took it.

“Thank you,” She muttered, “You’re a very kind man, Prince Demetri. Your mate is a very lucky girl.”

With that, she walked out of my room. I pocketed out my phone and I looked at the time. I bit my lip when I realized it has been 3 hours gone since Dalia came over. I hesitantly clicked on my contacts and called Lily and lifted my hand up so it was pressed against my ear. It ringed twice before Lily's melodic voice perch up. "Hello? Is this Demetri? Why are you calling me?"

"I..." I paused. Think Demetri, think! "I just wanted to check if you and Dana were alright...So are you?"

"Well..." Lily said. Oh no! She felt the pain, didn't she? God she must’ve been pained and confused. I could only imagine the hell she had just went through just now! "I'm-I’m good, look, I got to go. I’ll… I’ll talk to you some other time, kay?" She ended her call.

It was a lie. It doesn’t take a genius to hear the hesitancy in her tone. I closed my eyes as I breathed out shakily.

I am the worst soul mate ever.

Lily's POV

I clicked the end button of my phone and bit my lip. Of course I wasn’t okay. Couldn’t Demetri tell that in my tone?

Does he not even care? Was he only checking up on Dana, not me? Then why did he call me? Was Dana not answering her phone?

I sighed as I stared out of the plane’s window. Why wasn’t I okay?

I’m afraid of heights.

A/N:

Sorry! Damn writer's block has been getting to me and my comp had a break down. Vote comment and fan!

Love,
kky_claud