Chapter 136: Terms and Conditions

Start from the beginning

"Zero?" Neosa looked outright baffled. She pointed at his lips. "What about that little smile? One mark at least."

"That smile was from subtracting that one mark to give you zero." Genesia cracked a larger smile.

Neosa stopped pacing abruptly. "Gene, what's wrong with you? Are you..." She approached her twin, licked her thumb and started rubbing his cheek as though she was removing dirt from his face. "Oh... askies, askies, askies. Don't worry. If you pray hard enough, someone will come and fix you." She patted him on the head like a well trained pet. "Want a biscuit? Here boy." She whistled and waved an invisible biscuit around in her hand.

Genesia kept his eyes closed, not wanting to give her the satisfaction. He could see the grin that was growing on her face as clear as day. "I'm tempted to give you minus one. You're on thin ice girl."

"There's no ice here. It melts before it has a chance to freeze properly."

"My point exactly. You're on water, which misses the frozen criteria that only I can solidify in this weather."

"So is this a pointless hit or a miss that pointed off the mark?"

Genesia thought that over. "No comment at this time, please wait while I consider your complaint for review."

"Ah,ah. For how long?"

He kept quiet. "Einaaaa." Until he complained like a confused customer.

She flicked his right eye harshly, on the verge of pushing his eyeball right into his skull. "Was that sore or are you exaggerating?"

Genesia let his left eye slip open, waiting for the soreness in his right eye to fade. Instead of answering, he poked her left eye harshly like pointed graphite. "Sore?" He asked.

"Ticklish." She giggled roughly and rubbed her left eye, blinking at a fast rate to dry out the attack.

Genesia's right eye opened fully. Well that's nerve-wracking.

The twins had been sizing each other up in several ways, physical, mental, and spiritual, seeing where they stood from a comparative lense, analysing their respective strengths and weaknesses before reaching a concrete conclusion.

There was none.

They genuinely had no idea who the fuck was stronger. No one knew, not even their mother, which made things more exciting.

They weren't kidding themselves though. War would still come, one way or another, regardless of who won or who lost the fight.

If anything, this was more a personal curiosity, akin to a race between siblings to see who was faster. Yes it was advertised as a winner takes all event.

But look how Kakara and Kaikara's fight turned out. Genesia considered. The war for Kimba didn't suddenly stop. If anything it got worse. It was the excuse, the catalyst, the spark for more mayhem, the tools upon which the aggrieved could pick from their bloodied sheds.

Their gazes joined together. They nodded, signing a tacit agreement that contained the pieces of information they would reveal to Ramela, Ramoth, Ramiya and Musa from their Impulse dream. Some things would be restrained for safekeeping purposes and phrased in ways that weren't necessarily hidden, but rather covered like curtains across windows that shielded the room from seeing the full picture, waiting for the scenes to be unveiled at the appropriate time in order to shed light over the unknown that would soon be known.

The oak doors opened. Ramoth was the first to make his appearance, yawning loudly as though he had to make his disdain of slumber audible. He shook his wavy hair, walked in like a drunkard and reached his hands out for Neosa with his eyes closed.