|𝟑𝟏| 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆

Start from the beginning

"I am also happy about it. I made the right decision and I'm really grateful to Jimin for having so much patience with me. He is like a gift that I don't deserve."

Taehyung, however, shakes his head in disagreement as they head to the waiting area - or rather Taehyung pulls him, as Jungkook doesn't want to leave. The latter still wears the blue sweaty football uniform that clutches to his skin. Muscles on his forearms bulge through the fabric of the uniform as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Don't talk like that, Jungkook. You've made some mistakes and made some bad decisions in the past but in the end, you decided for the better. So instead, look forward to the things that you achieved and the great future you'll have ahead of you with Jimin. I'm sure you'll do great."

Overwhelmed by Taehyung's words, the alpha swallows hard. His shoulders drop as he sits down on a vacant chair in the waiting area and leans his head against the cold, hard wall behind him. As he does so, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in and out.

Jungkook can hear the many footsteps of each hospital nurse and among them the heavy footsteps of sneakers on the rubber hospital floor coming towards him.

There is no question that this is Taehyung, following him.

Jungkook knows somewhere inside him that he's right. He doesn't know what's stopping him from just following his advice. Is it the fear that he might make another big mistake and Jimin wouldn't forgive him?

The alpha shakes his head in thought. Taehyung is right. He needs to move forward and he will do that from now on. It's what he needed to hear.

"Why are you laughing?" The omega asks him in wonder as he takes a seat next to him and looks at him suspiciously. However, Jungkook waves him off with a wave of his hand.

It wasn't too long ago that he was even a little jealous of Tae and Jimin's relationship. From an outsider's point of view, the two were very close with each other and Jungkook had thought, even if it was only for a short time, that he had no chance of becoming so close with Jimin and establishing a close relationship.

Nevertheless, Jungkook quickly realized that this was not the right way of thinking and what Tae and Jimin have is not what he strives for, but so much more.

"I always thought I wouldn't mutate into Namjoon, but apparently I do, just in a different direction. I seem to be missing out on a lot lately." The voice of a male voice snaps Jungkook out of his thoughts, whereupon he opens his eyes with a blink and sees Hoseok approaching them.

He had apparently recently had his brown hair dyed a more prominent and striking dark red. The blue denim jacket hangs open, with the sleeves rolled up from his shoulders.

"Who's Namjoon?" Inquires Jungkook with a furrowed brow, making eye contact with the alpha as he does so, a pale glimmer of pink visible on his cheeks.

"A friend and usually he's the clumsy one, but I seem to have kind of taken it over in a way lately. First the alpha in the stadium flirted with Jimin and now this. I just keep missing things--"

"Wait, wait, wait." Jungkook interrupts him, not sure if he just heard that correctly. "Did you just say that an alpha in the stadium flirted with Jimin? You mean earlier?"

Seeking help, Hoseok looks around at Taehyung, who avoids his gaze though, biting his lower lip instead. Sigh. Seems like he has to go through this alone now. Should he tell him the truth?

"Judging from your reaction, it seems you didn't know anything about it," Hoseok expresses in a slightly apologetic tone. The corners of his mouth tighten and he fixes his eyes on the colorful magazines lying next to the other alpha. The atmosphere grows more tense with each passing second. Neither Taehyung nor Hoseok knows what to say at this point, which only makes it more tense as they catch Jungkook's agitation, his pheromones amplified. Ultimately, Hoseok gets his voice back and tries to settle the tension in the air.