Strange Dreams Pt. 2

The jet lag must have really gotten to him, because his dreams were weird as he slept in the van on the journey to the venue.

He stood in the lobby of the company building, the sun shining brightly through tall windows and illuminating the floor. The light reflecting off the white tile was almost too bright, and he raised his arm to block it out as he walked out of the main doors.

Once outside, a harsh wind knocked into him, and he stumbled into the rushing crowd on the sidewalk.

The sun had disappeared, replaced by veils of grey fog that covered everything but the people surrounding him.
Trapped between bodies, his only choice was to move along with them.

He didn't know where they were going, but they were moving fast, and he wasn't sure he wanted to go with them.

He tried to shove his way out, but the crowd was too thick and refused to part despite his efforts.
He almost screamed in frustration, but the wind that had initially pushed him to the crowd returned, this time more gentle, but still just as strong.
It began to lift him up, then, taking him higher and higher above the ground, soaring over the fog-covered buildings and the wide river.

He began to panic as the city grew smaller beneath him, and the wind, sensing this, began to bring him down again.

He landed on a rooftop, and though the building was not tall, he somehow had a perfect view of the world around him.

Although the streets below were covered in a dense fog, the sky was clear with not a cloud in sight, but off in the distance a storm seemed to be brewing.
Thick, dark clouds, occasionally shot through with streaks of blue lighting, hovered over the other end of the city.
He stood staring, fascinated by the sight, before a movement below him caught his eye.

The fog parted as someone stepped off the bustling sidewalk, separating from the crowd of faceless passerbys.
She seemed to be barefoot, from where he could see, and she moved as if she were in a trance. Her hair danced around her, the bright blue color of the ends just barely visible from where he stood.

The further she moved from the sidewalk, the more the fog shrank, until none of it remained.
The black asphalt road morphed into grey stones behind her as she continued on, the painted lines turning into rows of flowers.

She slowed her pace for a moment, and as she did, the color of the flowers slowly began to fade.

They brightened again once she began moving at her normal speed.

He continued to watch her from his spot on the building, everything else slowly fading away.

The wind, which had now transformed into a gentle breeze, was the only thing left, and it danced around him playfully, tugging at his clothes.

The girl abruptly stopped her walk, kneeling down onto the newly-appeared stones.
He winced at the thought of the pain her knees must feel.

She studied the flowers in front of her for a while, and he studied the way her blue-tipped hair fanned over her shoulders and curved back, hiding her face from view.

He watched as she picked a few flowers, their already bright colors only deepening from her touch.
She held the flowers close to her when she stood up, as if she were afraid they would be disturbed by her movements.