4. (title undecided)

-A/N-
Sorry this chapter was a bit late. For some reason, I was having trouble writing it, so it's a bit of a mess!
Also, if you have any ideas for a title, let me know!!
Enjoy!! 😊

****WARNING: Slight use of language in this chapter, and possible similar use throughout the rest of the fic****
———————————

She just wanted her bed to swallow her whole, so she'd never have to leave it. (Which was probably part of the reason behind her oversleeping and missing an exam she was supposed to take that morning).

Or maybe, she should leave it briefly, just to break her roommate's speaker over her head.

"Da-Eun, seriously! You've played the same song, like, ten times in a row now!" She yelled over the music. "It's not a crime to play a new one!"

"Yes, it is!" Da-Eun yelled back from their dorm bathroom. "BTS songs deserve to be played on repeat until the end of time, and you will not catch me skipping a single song containing the angelic voice of the lovely Park Jimin. Besides, you know you love it!"

"Yes, lot's of their music is great, but NOT WHEN IT'S ONE SONG BEING PLAYED FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME IN A ROW!!!"

Da-Eun ignored her protests, proceeding to turn the music up instead, as the song progressed into its next loop.

"God, I swear, one of these days I'll end up committing a murder," she muttered, swinging her legs off the edge of the bed and wincing a bit as her sore shoulder twinged in protest.

She'd woken up one morning a few weeks ago to a serious ache in her left shoulder.
It had been bothering her ever since, with no obvious cause.
She hadn't gone to see a doctor, despite Da-Eun's insistence, because she was fairly certain she'd end up paying a huge amount of money just to hear "nothing's wrong with you, you probably just slept on it wrong," which she wasn't willing to do.
So she'd just beared with it since.

She shuffled to the mini-fridge in their dorm, hoping to find something to snack on, but to her dismay it was empty, save for a few bottles of flavored water.

"I'm going to the store!" she shouted in the direction of the bathroom. "Da-Eun, do you want anything?"

"Yeah, I'll come with you! Just gimme a sec, I'm almost done!"

Rrrring! Rrrring! Rrrring!

She pulled her phone out of her jacket pocket, which was hanging up on the back of the door, smiling once she saw the name lighting up the screen.

"Hello?" She asked, despite already knowing who it was.

"Hello? You ignore me for more than a week and all I get is a 'hello?'" the voice on the other end of the line whined. "What kind of a sister are you?"

"Obviously, the best kind," she answered sweetly. Her tone changed to a more serious one as she asked, "What time is it over there?"

Silence on the other end.

She frowned down at her watch. "It's almost 2:30 in the afternoon here. So it's like, what? 3:30-ish there?"

"Yeah, -ish."

"Hey, Lee Do-Hyeon! Why the hell are you still awake at 3:30 in the morning?! You better not still be working!"

"I'm not... right now I'm sitting on the couch," Do-Hyeon protested meekly.

"Okay, sure. Where's the couch, though?" She pushed, although she was sure she already knew the answer.

There was a pause, before: "In the studio."
The confession was followed by a long sigh on her end.