When It Rains, It Pours

A/N—
Hi, readers! This chapter is a bit longer than previously. I hope you enjoy it!!
Please vote for it or share it if you like it!

**** IMPORTANT : The timeline for this fanfic is very different from the actual BTS timeline, as I need to change the timing of things to make it fit the story. I hope you don't mind! ****
_______________

If you asked anyone, they'd tell you that Jung Hoseok was an absolutely amazing ray of sunshine.
And normally, Yoongi would agree wholeheartedly with that.
Hobi was his family, his brother, his best friend.

But if you asked Yoongi what he thought right now, his answer would be different.

Because right now, he was this close to kicking Hobi in the shin, out the door, and locking it behind him.

"This is great, hyung!" Hobi was repeatedly telling him, his face lit up in a smile. "You've finally found your soulmate bond!"

Yoongi groaned, burying his head in his hands.

"Just wait until the others find out! They'll be so excited!"

At that, Yoongi snapped his head up so quickly, it was surprising he didn't break anything.

"You can't tell them, Hoseok," Yoongi said. His voice was low and calm, but his eyes held a warning. "Not yet."

Hobi's face scrunched up in confusion and his smile slowly faded.

"Why not, Yoongi? That doesn't make sense."

Yoongi didn't reply.
Not because he was purposefully being rude, but because he didn't really have one.

He looked away from Hobi, around the studio, trying to pinpoint the reason for his reluctance.

Hobi studied him from where he sat, and after an increasingly uncomfortable minute of silence with Hobi's eyes on him, he gave up.

"I don't know, Hobi," he sighed, shoulders slumping forward in defeat. "I think I'd honestly finally gotten comfortable with the idea of never getting a soulmate bond... never meeting my soulmate."

Hobi looked at him incredulously. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to meet their soulmate?! was written in his expression.

Yoongi dragged a hand over his face, and he suddenly felt more tired than he had been in a long time.
"I'm happy where I am now. I have my music. I have you, and the other members. I don't need to worry about money any more," he continued, voice quieter than before.

He couldn't bring himself to meet Hobi's eyes.

"I'm comfortable, and I don't want that to change. Having a soulmate would just be a distraction from all of this, and I can't afford that. Not now, and not ever."

He refused to acknowledge the painful tightening of his chest as he said it.

"Hyung..." Hobi whispered.
The small crack in his voice drew Yoongi's gaze, and when he looked up, he was surprised to see the tears forming in Hobi's eyes.

Why was he crying?

"You can't really believe that, though, right?" Hobi asked, his gaze almost pleading for Yoongi to tell him that he was right, and of course he wanted to find his soulmate.

Yoongi just stared at him.

"Whoever your soulmate is, Yoongi... they're meant for you. I don't think they'd ever want to take you away from your work or your life right now. If anything, they'd probably support you. And sometimes a little 'distraction' is good, anyway."
Hobi sighed, turning his gaze to the ceiling and letting out a huff of frustration.
"Of course, with the bond that you have... it could be very difficult to actually find your soulmate. But it's not impossible. And although I don't really understand why you're so unhappy about this... I'll respect your feelings. I won't tell the others."