FIFTEEN

JACOB

     The minstrel building was at the far right side of the campus. It joined the list of schools standing in their own community within the campus. I made my way to the minstrels facility, to listen to some good music.

They were still rehearsing. I joined them as we all worshiped together.
It was 6pm when I got home. My Mum was in the kitchen directing the chefs on the dinner for the evening. 
I snuck up behind her and hugged her from the back, She didn't  flinch. She just rubbed my head without even looking at me.

         "Get to the  shower Jacob, you reek of sweat." She advised.  I laughed. It's same thing she says everyday.

         "Love you mom." I said giving her a perk on the neck. As I made to leave ...

          "Jacob?" She called. "About your father, leave him be."
I looked at her confused, but she smiled.

          "I know." She mouthed, and waved me off.

     I walked into my room exhausted. It's been a tiring day filled with uncertainties. My whole body was weak from the stress of the day. I rushed through my bath and returned to write a song which was flowing in my spirit.
When I was done practicing it on the piano, I went down stairs to eat my cold dinner. They knew not to bother me when I am practicing my songs.

     My father breezed in looking tired and worn out, I greeted him, my head bowed. He mumbled a response and took off to his room. I watched his double intertwine with him as they both moved in sync.

After the altercation with my Dad that morning, it felt as if my vision became even more clearer. I could see and interpret  better than before.

    I pulled myself out of the dining seat and headed for the garden. It was 9pm. Sometimes, I do my night prayers walking in the garden.
But this very night, I just wanted to preach to the flowers. The urge to preach and recite the scriptures was on me. I obeyed the leading.

        I walked through the rows of roses and stopped abruptly. A shiny object caught my attention. Proceeding further to the object of my attraction, I stepped in on a  wrapped up package in a thin foil.
Lowering myself to its height, I picked it up and began to unwrap it.  I felt a movement coming from the wrapped thing, It bounced in my hands as if it was a living thing.

I dropped it and then picked it up again out of curiosity. I had never been to this part of the garden. It was closer to the forest that came with the vast land.

Even though I was a preacher, I had phobia for crawling things. I had always helped Stan the gardener to tend to the flowers, but always resisted the urge to come close to these part of the garden. In a flash, someone snatched it from me.

         Startled, I looked up to see my mother. She was standing on her own two legs! I screamed and took off running.
She came after me in a flashing speed I'd never seen any human use before.  In a split of a second, She was right in front of me.

         "Give it back!" She growled, her eyes blood shot yet illuminated.

    "You snatched it from me!" I yelled. Gasping for breath, I looked at my hands, my vision a blur.

   "But you took it!   "You still have it! Give it back now!" She growled some more.
I heard her foot thump the ground. I stared at my hands again. There it was, the shinny little package still wrapped up tightly. I looked up to see my mom, She had now grown taller than me.

Something foul I couldn't place fingers on, emitted from her. She stuck out her neck, it grew and was right in my face, her eyes shimmering in the night..
I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out.