Chapter 17

Few days later, I stand in my bathroom. Hayden and I have to share one now since they moved in with us and my mother and her father are on their honeymoon for a month, so its just Hayden and I.

I look at myself in the mirror. I have bags under my eyes showing I've hardly slept. Its seven in the morning. I really don't want to go to school but Hayden insisted that I don't throw my education for some girl. I finally said okay and now here I am.

I walk back into my room and find a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I throw my hair up in a bun and find my glasses. My eyes burn to much for contacts right now. I walk back into the bathroom and brush my teeth looking at myself one more time. Why did I put myself through this.

"Carmen! We are gonna be late!" I hear Hayden yell up the stairs. I grab my bag and keys and walk down stairs where Hayden waits. "You know you are still gorgeous even after a few days of hell." She says. I just look at her and shake my head with a little smile.

When we get to school I sit in my car for a second with Hayden. "You know you gotta face them sooner or later." I look at her and just give a blank stare. "Just come on." She says. she gets out of the car and opens my door. I sit there for a second then finally get out.

Once in school I ignore everyone going up to me trying to talk to me. I walk to my locker then to the class I'm dreading most. I walk in there and look and see she's sitting next to my seat.