Chapter 12

3 months later:

I walk into school and find Hayden by my locker with roses and balloons. "Well hey beautiful." I say and kiss her lightly. Hayden and I have been working on a relationship. We told our parents and that turned horrible. We have to sneak around them now and just be "Friends" when they are around.

The conversation though was hell. I can't get it off my mind.

2 months ago.

"Mom. Sir. Can Hayden and I talk to the both of you." They both sat down at the dining room table. Hayden looks at me, giving me a small smile putting her hand on my leg to calm my nerves. I smile slightly at her. She nods her head telling me to start.

"Well you see. We know you two are together." I motion between them pausing for a second. "But Hayden and I. We've been together for 2 months now. Since the day after the dinner we all met." I look down and then look back up at them.

"It needs to end now Hayden or you are living with your mother." Her father says to Hayden. "Yes sir." She looks and me and tells me its over. I look at her and just shake my head getting up and walking away.

That night I laid in my bed reading my favorite book The Fault in Our Stars. I hear knocking at my door then see Hayden walk in. "Can we talk Carmen." I look at her and sit up motioning her to sit. She doesn't. She just pulls me up on my feet and kisses me. I obviously kiss back. "Carmen we can sneak for a while till we find someway to break them up okay?" I smile at her and kiss her again.

Back to now:

"Well hey beautiful." She says kissing me lightly handing me the balloons and roses. "What's the special occasion babe" I smile at her smelling the roses. She just smiles and kisses me again. "I thought I'd be a better girlfriend." She kisses me again and I smile. "Well thank you perfect. Imma get to class. I'll see you at home? Bye beautiful." She waves and says bye.

I walk into class and noticed Sam is back to sitting by me again. She hasn't for awhile since the Hayden thing. "Well look who is sitting by me again." I smile at her and she gives me a death stare. "Okay one the teacher made me sit here. Two I love you Carmen." I smiled at her saying that.

"I love you too Sam." Her eyes have a glint of hope in them. Shes been trying for an us ever since that day. I wanna go back and be with Sam. I'm also scared because she's my best friend. "Can I have my best friend back. I don't care if you and Tim are having a child. I just want you back." She looks at me and smiles and hugs me tightly. I hug her back just as tight not wanting to ever let go.