Chapter 35

Deanna's

Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time (yeah)
And we gon' make you lose your mind (woo)
Everybody just have a good time (clap)
Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time (I can feel it, baby)
And we gon' make you lose your mind (yeah)
We just wanna see you
Shake that 🎶

"What was that, Deanna? Para saan 'yon?"

"Narinig mo na?"

"Pinakinggan ko kanina." I'm talking to Mads.

We're sitting on the other side of the living room.

Hindi na ko magtataka kung magugulat si Tito Jesse kung sakaling uuwi siya ngayon at ganito ang makikita niya.

His house is messy. Ginawang bar ni Jema at Kyla.

"What can you say?" Yung totoo, sobrang ingay dito sa bahay.

Ang lakas ng music but they didn't care. Busy sila sa pagsasayaw. Kami lang nina Mads at Dylan ang nakaupo dito sa gilid. Even Mafe joined them.

"What do you want me to say?" She drank her beer while looking at Bea who's happily dancing.

Ang sakit sa mata ng ilaw but it's bearable naman. Hindi lang talaga ako sanay sa ganitong vibes.

"It's up to you if you will believe her. I just sent that recording to you because I know Bea is not good at explaining how she feels. At alam mo kung gaano katotoo si Bea kapag nalalasing." Sinamahan ko na siyang lumagok ng beer.

"Ewan ko ba, Deanna. Nagdududa pa rin ako eh. What if she's still in love with her ex?"

"You know what I realized when we're drinking in her condo. She moved on already, Mads." Mabigat ang binitawan kong salita but I know BDL well. May pinagbago na siya kumpara sa kung ano siya noon.

"How sure of you?"

"Naaalala mo dati. Sa t'wing sinasamahan natin siya uminom at magpakalasing, it doesn't matter where she was or who she was with but all she could say was about her ex. It was always her, how she's in love with her, how she was hurt and how she was dying because of the pain."

"But what you heard in the recording was the very first moment she talked about other people more than her ex. Never niyang binanggit ang name ng ex niya o kahit na anong kwento tungkol dito. Instead, the whole time she talked about you. At bakit siya naglasing? It was because she was jealous of the guy you were with last time."

"Maybe she's like that because I'm the one who's always with her."

"You both are my friends so I won't be biased. Ayoko namang i-consider lang ang nararamdaman ni Bea when we both know how jerk she can be sometimes. Kaya nga, it's up to you if you'll give her the chance or ngayon pa lang patigilin mo na."

Our eyes are on them while they are dancing nonstop. There's a long silence and all you could hear is the music.

"Give her the chance, Mads." We looked at Dylan as he spoke.

Gosh! Katabi nga lang pala namin siya.

"I heard her talking to her Mom earlier. Hindi ko naman sinadyang marinig nagkataon lang na napadaan ako. She was talking to her Mom about you, actually."

"Sinisiraan ako?" say naman ni Mads na nagpatawa saming dalawa.

"Geez! Hindi kasi ganun. I mean she's talking how in love she is to you. As in, she keeps saying your name in every minute. Gawain 'yon ng in love."