Chapter 13

"Umuwi na kasi tayo!" said the girl as her eyebrows met.

"Hindi nga pwede! Kailangan ko munang mahanap yung kwintas ko." the shorter girl answered while glaring at her friend.

"Paano natin mahahanap yun? We're not even sure if you really lost your necklace here in the playground or on the road as we get here"

"Kailangan ko yun mahanap kahit na anong mangyari."

"Hinahanap na tayo ni Mommy at Daddy! Why are you makulit ba?" she heaved a sigh when her friend just ignored her.

"Baliko na naman ang dila mo." the taller girl rolled her eyes.

"Baka nakakalimutan mong tinakas tayo, I'm so dead talaga!"

"It's tumakas duhh! You are already 8 years old, your tongue should be straight by now." the shorter girl rebut which made the other girl annoyed.

"Kung gusto mo umuwi, mauna ka na. Hindi ako uuwi hangga't wala ang necklace ko." dagdag pa niya habang abala sa paghuhukay sa mga buhangin to find her necklace.

"Hindi pwede. We should be together always. Baka may mangyari pang hindi maganda sayo kapag iniwan kita."

"Kung magsalita ka naman ng ganyan akala mo matanda ka na. What can an 8 year old girl do in case I get hurt?"

"You're just 7 pero napagayabang mo!" the shorter girl laughed showing her toothy smile.

"It's napakayabang kasi, can't even pronounce properly."

The taller girl sighed frustratingly. She had no other choice but to help her friend even though she was nervous that their parent might be angry with them for running away from home.

"Nasaan na ba kasi yun?"

The older girl quickly stopped searching and approached her friend. She looked at the younger girl who was now sitting on the sand, bent on her knees while crying.

"Nakakainis naman! How can I face Tita Mommy after what I've done?"

The taller girl just watched her friend crying her heart out.

"She's crying again." She thought to herself.

Her friend always do this when she's frustrated and tired.

She can be annoying and scary at the same time but beyond what she shows is a weak and soft -hearted girl who has nothing else to do but to hope to see her mother at least once.

"Lahat na lang ng mahalaga sakin nawawala."

When she could no longer bear the sobs of her friend, she went behind her, knelt down to the ground and wrote something in her back using her index finger.

She doesn't want anyone to see her face when she cries so the older girl adjusted herself and do her usual way whenever she comforts her friend.

"Need a Batman?" that's what she wrote which her friend nodded.

She again wrote "What can I do for you?"

"I want a hug." she answered which made the older girl flustered "from Mom." she sighed in relief ng dagdagan ito ng kaibigan.

"Napagahirap naman." sinadya niyang maliin ang spelling dahil alam niyang mapapatawa niya ang kaibigan sa ganung paraan which is effective because she's laughing now.

"It's a K and not a G, Wong. Kahit spelling mali ka." sinamahan na lang din niya ang kaibigan sa pagtawa.

Her smile is what the older girl loves the most. Hindi siya nagsasawang titigan ito kapag ngumingite o tumatawa man.