"I'm good, really," said Narcissa.

The air was surprisingly warm unlike some days ago. It offered some comfort to Narcissa but not enough whenever she thought about the questions and answers she was going to have to ask and receive from May and Ellen.

Narcissa wished she had asked Lucius to come with her but she's been too furious with her husband's father and has lately targeted her anger to her husband.

While May and Ellen waited for their foods, Narcissa began to nervously play with her wedding ring around her ring finger. They were stubble movements but not unnoticeable which meant that Ellen and May picked up her movements easily.

"Rose does that too," commented Ellen.

Narcissa smiled just a little. "She does?"

Ellen nodded.

"I believe we know why we are here but maybe you could say it, just to be sure," began May, well-knowing that Ellen wasn't going to continued the conversation.

Narcissa let her ring be and lifted her gaze from her fingers.

"Yes well I just..." she started, every word tasting like cold iron in her mouth. "I just thought that considering everything, maybe I should make an effort to.... God, I don't know. I never thought I would have to have a meeting like this, especially since I believed Lyra... I mean Rosemary..."

She stopped talking for a second and took a deep breath in. She exhaled slowly before continuing. "I'm here to discuss about Rosemary, that's all."

"And what would you like to discuss about?" Asked Ellen, earning a stern look from May.

"Just Rosemary," said Narcissa.

"Yes we understand that but what do you want to know about Rosie? You want medical records or to know what her first word was?" Retorted Ellen.

May sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"What Ellen means is that there is a lot to cover when it comes to Rosie, so maybe give us some general direction and we can begin from there," explained May once realizing that Ellen wasn't going to go easy on Narcissa.

Narcissa nodded although she wanted nothing more than to leave. She couldn't figure out why she had thought that meeting Ellen Venice and May Hathaway was a good idea.

"Wh-what is she like?" Asked Narcissa. "I have met her several times of course but none of those times did I knew she was..."

May nodded, she knew what Narcissa meant.

"Well what do you know?" She asked.

Narcissa sighed. "She's smart. Really smart, right?"

"Understatement of the year," said Ellen but she was actually smiling now and Narcissa figured it was because of Rose ― not her.

"And she plays the piano very well? Lucius does that too, he can play almost anything without practicing. I've heard Rose play, a few times actually when she was visiting the manor," Narcissa said, a tone of sadness in her voice. "She's a lot like Lucius actually... she's nothing like me."

May frowned. "Are you sure? I mean Rosie is a lot like your husband, we've noticed that, but I believe there's more you in her than you see."

The observation warmed Narcissa's shattered heart ― she always liked the idea of having a daughter a lot like her. They would share same interests, frown at same things and laugh together.

"Thank you..." she said quietly. "I doubt she likes that though."

Ellen sighed but decided to be nice.