Autumn Festival Pt 1

"Hm... What am I doing wrong?... If only Lady Tinkeress was alive..." The Artificer said to himself looking at his failed warforge project.

"You still can't get it?" A familiar voice said entering the Artificer's shop.

"Ah Sir Warrior what can I do for you today?" The Artificer said cleaning his hands meeting Heavy Warrior at the counter.

"I wanted to see how much it'll be to make a ring of protection..." The Warrior said as the Artificer rubbed his chin thinking why he would want one.

"Ooo... Let's see I'd have to use several metals including manasteel which is harder to come by... The average cost of one is Thirty-Five hundred but I can make it better for only nine hundred." The Artificer said as the Heavy Warrior at first winch but smiled giving him a gold pouch.

"Alright it's a deal then. So will you be able to do it soon?"

"Sure I can Whip together one ready before the festival starts in a couple of days since the magic will have to tempered. Size fifthteen like last time?" The Artificer asked Looking for base rings to infuse.

"N-no... A delicate size for a... Woman's hand..."

"Hm why would... Gah?! HHUUUUHHHHH!? Your getting a gift for Lady Knight Aren't you?! Are you proposing to her through this ring?!"

"What No No She's just a member of my p-party so I just-"

"Hey you can't exactly fool me big guy! C'mon out with it huh?"

"If that's the case what about you and the Elf?"

"What about her?" The Artificer ask with a slight pink hue.

"You two have gotten close, some of the male Adventurers get jealous the fact your with her. When are you two going to be official?!" The Heavy warrior asked hoping to change the subject on the Artificer.

"Official... It's true we have gotten close but I can only call her a friend... Even if we did become an item she will outlive me and become alone afterwards... We're not meant to be." The Artificer said with a small sad smile looking through rings to help the Heavy Warrior with his request.

"I didn't think about it like that... I'm sorry Sir Artificer."

"Its fine... If only Logic and Reality weren't so cruel... So you think this'll work?"

"I believe so.. If it doesn't fit."

"I can always adjust it... Huh?"

"What's the matter?"

"I thought I heard my back door close... Oh well could've been nothing." The Artificer said disregarding the sound as he got to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Man she's going in hard today." Spearman said as he, Witch, Priest, and Sir Dwarf all watched the Elf Drink mug after mug of Ale.

"Ahhh... Seriously... He's such a jerk sometimes... I mean shouldn't matter what Reality throws! You should... Hic... Enjoy it as much as possible... Hic... First OrcBolg refuses to... Hic join me on a quest... Then... Hic AARGGH You Shorty hit me with some Fire wine!" The Elf demanded putting her mug in front of the dwarf as a pink hue developed in her cheeks and across her face.

"Did she get rejected by Goblin Slayer?" Spearman asked the Lizardman noting that the festival was starting for the week.

"Hm in the time we've known Sir Goblin Slayer she has never made any advances on him... The only likely candidate would be-"

"Hey guy's what's- Woah Lady Ranger why are you drinking so much already the Festival hasn't even started?!" The Artificer asked walking into the guild hall seeing the stacks of mugs around Lady Ranger.